Only 10 coins but a 1:1ratio

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Find all posts by this user
05-13-2014, 09:15 PM
Big Grin Only 10 coins but a 1:1ratio
Quote this message in a reply
I had the day off and it was actually HOT and sunny.  My buddy from work was supposed to come out with me, but he chose to sleep all day instead.  Oh well I had fun all by myself.  First I went to this field I was checking out on some old maps.  I was totally not prepared for this spot.  Wide open field on top of the world, no shade whatsoever, temps in the 80s, and I was wearing long pants and a t shirt.  Time for plan B.  I hit another spot right nearby.  This hunt started with a BANG.  I dug my first coin about five minutes maybe after I got there and it was my first silver of the year.  I'm in love with the TDI.  It loves old coins.  I only got that one silver, but I also dug 4 wheatie for a total of 5 old coins.  I also dug 5 clad coins.  That's a ratio of 1:1.  This place was loaded with junk and I dug quite a bit of it as always.  I got a real cool little spike.  It looks just like a railroad spike, but mini sized.  An old 60s style pulltab and some awesome screw caps.   I think I dug deepest for the elbow looking piece in the pic.  The way it hit I thought for sure it was a deep coin.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

PittsburghWill, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Jul 2013.
"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men"  Willy Wonka

I've lived. Not always well, but long enough.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-13-2014, 09:25 PM
RE: Only 10 coins but a 1:1ratio
Whoooaaa, Will!!! Congrats on the first shiny of the year!!! Sounds like a promising spot...that open field, too. Nice to sign on to the site and see some silver. I HATE when people flake out on a hunt No Me & fellow member Gerry F have been getting out a lot, and it's like a perfect marriage, lol. He's just as addicted as I am, and we even have similar hunting styles.

So, would you say you like the TDI better than the T2?

Joe

NjNyDigger, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since 2013.

[Image: image.jpg]
05-13-2014, 09:26 PM
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2014 09:50 PM by PittsburghWill.)
I found this out there too.

(05-13-2014 09:25 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote:  Whoooaaa, Will!!! Congrats on the first shiny of the year!!! Sounds like a promising spot...that open field, too. Nice to sign on to the site and see some silver. I HATE when people flake out on a hunt No Me & fellow member Gerry F have been getting out a lot, and it's like a perfect marriage, lol. He's just as addicted as I am, and we even have similar hunting styles.

So, would you say you like the TDI better than the T2?

Joe

The TDI over the T2?  That's really a tough one to answer.  I don't know yet.  I thought there was no way this PI machine could be very good in a trashy site.  But with this small coil It's amazing.  You can set it to ignore almost all trash too.  People say PI machines don't discriminate.  This one is like that Sterling guy.  Another thing I really like is there is no screen and I don't need it.  It talks to me.  One thing I miss is pinpoint.  I kept trying to pull the trigger today and the TDI don't have a trigger.  Pinpointing is not hard with the little coil though.  Just x sweep it.  I don't know.  I know I'm not going to get rid of the T2.  It's a great machine.  The TDI is a horse of a different color and it's a bad ass horse.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

PittsburghWill, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Jul 2013.

05-13-2014, 09:50 PM
Way to go Will!  Those types of spikes are generally found in and around old mines for mine cart tracks.  Are there any old mines around there?  Very cool.

SLCdigger, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Oct 2013.
05-13-2014, 10:13 PM
Mines were everywhere around here.

05-14-2014, 08:13 AM
(05-13-2014 09:50 PM)SLCdigger Wrote:  Way to go Will!  Those types of spikes are generally found in and around old mines for mine cart tracks.  Are there any old mines around there?  Very cool.

Check out this link.  It's about all the old inclines in Pittsburgh. http://www.brooklineconnection.com/histo...lines.html

05-14-2014, 11:33 AM
GREAT HUNT--CONGRATS!!
...and all should know that W.PA. is like swiss-cheese when it comes to mines!!Wink

drgeorge, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Mar 2014.
05-14-2014, 11:58 AM
Yeah it is George.  If you look at 1800s maps all you see is mills and mines.

05-14-2014, 08:12 PM
Way to go Will with the new TDI! And a nice Merc as well. A shining # 1! My wish for you is that the talking becomes a language you'll never forget from that machine. Yes some scrap junk, but your 1:1 and that counts more than anything. Nice pic of that spring as well. Drinkable? When I lived in PA up in the NE there were iron pipes in the rock walls that we used to get mountain spring water from. Any relation? It was the best water I've ever had.

MineLab SE Pro w/11" Pro, 12x10 SEF, 8x6 SEF, Explorer 1000
Garrett AT PRO, w/8.5x11, 5x8, Deteknix Wireless, RnB Recharge (2).
Delta 4000, w/8" concentric, 13" Ultimate, 5x10 DD.
Garrett PP, & Pro Pointer AT.
Leusch, Hori Digger (2), Sampson Ball Handle Shovel.
05-14-2014, 09:29 PM
Nice hunt! Congrats on the silver! Good to see that new machine is working out for you!

PAunderground, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Mar 2014.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)