Our Saturday hunt

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Find all posts by this user
09-21-2014, 01:44 PM
Our Saturday hunt
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2014 01:45 PM by PittsburghWill.)
Quote this message in a reply
Me and Og got out yesterday.  The weather was great.  I had the TDI he had the Amigo 2.  Not a whole lot to show.  Towards the end of the hunt I picked up his Amigo and started playing with it.  One plug I pulled out a small round very dirty coin and I was like WHAT IS THIS.  Og comes over and says that's a penny.  I say no it's not a penny.  I'm brushing the dirt off and he says it's a dime.  WTF he was right just a clad dime.  I did get one of them old $.99 pulltabs.  A bunch of roof anchors.  Something Og swears is a sword.  Its flat on one side rounded on the other and pointed on one end.  Any ideas?  I'm puzzled by the little iron thing.  Kinda looks like a crude key or knob type thing.  Man I really need to find some silver or old copper.  I'm getting excited over clad dimes.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

PittsburghWill, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Jul 2013.
"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men"  Willy Wonka

I've lived. Not always well, but long enough.
09-21-2014, 03:39 PM
RE: Our Saturday hunt
Boy looks like you guys did some serious digging.
got a bunch of goodies...
hard to tell what a few of the items are. the sword thingy might be a hand file. but just a thought. i like OG`s guess myself so we`ll stick with sword Happy
on the very bottom pic, the round thing with the flat bar coming off it looks as if it could be a door linkage piece from inside a car door. looks a lot like one , had to repair a bunch as a locksmith, but could be wrong. just has the shape.
may want to hit that sword with a Ebath and get her cleaned up. may be able to better ID it. if not .... stick with sword ... great job OG and Dad ...

think i said it before, the best memories i have of my dad was the days i followed him exploring the mountains and beaches being his little metal detecting helper.
your a lucky guy ... so is OG ... time spent together is the greatest treasure.
you cannot buy more, and it is priceless. ...

Great job Dad ...

H.H ...

BONES ...
09-21-2014, 07:31 PM
Man Will, you do dig a lot of holes! I'd stick with sword too. Beats me on the round flat thing. And I forgot about those .99 cent pull tabs. I've been tossing them. Good you can get out with your son. Only did twice here this summer with one of my boys. They're always busy with my grandkids and work. Cherish the moment man.

Ed

MineLab SE Pro w/11" Pro, 12x10 SEF, 8x6 SEF, Explorer 1000
Garrett AT PRO, w/8.5x11, 5x8, Deteknix Wireless, RnB Recharge (2).
Delta 4000, w/8" concentric, 13" Ultimate, 5x10 DD.
Garrett PP, & Pro Pointer AT.
Leusch, Hori Digger (2), Sampson Ball Handle Shovel.
09-21-2014, 07:55 PM
Thanks guys.  The sword probably is a file, but we can call it a sword.  I was trying to avoid the big iron this time, but those two pieces were shallow in some eroded ground.  They were probably one or two feet apart.  Was a good day with the boy, just wish we made some better finds.  I think next time I might pick one small section and dig EVERYTHING.  That should be fun.  Maybe use the old analog Whites in all metal.

PittsburghWill, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Jul 2013.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-22-2014, 08:45 PM
That's some big iron. No idea on the ID, Will. How long can Og swing for before he starts getting distracted? I took my son with me a few times, and he liked it. I tried to get him involved and all, but, he's a bit too young. I can't detect 100% & zone in since I need to constantly keep an eye on him, watch our surroundings, etc. Very difficult. As a fun thing between father & son to do for a couple of hours it's fine, but, in terms of me bringing him with me for a serious all day hunt, not ready yet. Few more years.

Joe

NjNyDigger, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since 2013.

[Image: image.jpg]
09-22-2014, 09:03 PM
Yep.  This hunt he detected about ten minutes.  He is using the pro pointer now.  He sat there and pulled about five pulltabs out of the same hole.  And I think that was the end of his swinging for the day.  Then he mostly followed me around talking to me while I was trying to concentrate on the beeps.  And I just got him a new machine.  I think if we found something awesome he would be right back into it.  Its getting boring for him.  The last couple times he swung a lot more.  Maybe he just like the Bounty Hunter better.  To sum it up.  I know exactly what you mean Joe.

09-23-2014, 07:11 AM
Take him somewhere with easy clad,and crank up the disc.He will be stoked pulling out all that money.

My empire of dirt.
09-23-2014, 09:21 AM
(09-23-2014 07:11 AM)deathray Wrote:  Take him somewhere with easy clad,and crank up the disc.He will be stoked pulling out all that money.

That's a good idea.

09-23-2014, 12:35 PM
(09-21-2014 03:39 PM)IndianaBones Wrote:  Boy looks like you guys did some serious digging.
hard to tell what a few of the items are. the sword thingy might be a hand file. but just a thought. i like OG`s guess myself so we`ll stick with sword Happy
on the very bottom pic, the round thing with the flat bar coming off it looks as if it could be a door linkage piece from inside a car door. looks a lot like one , had to repair a bunch as a locksmith, but could be wrong. just has the shape.
may want to hit that sword with a Ebath and get her cleaned up. may be able to better ID it. if not .... stick with sword ... great job OG and Dad ...

think i said it before, the best memories i have of my dad was the days i followed him exploring the mountains and beaches being his little metal detecting helper.

Great job Dad ...

H.H ...

BONES ...

I would have to agree with Bones, the "sword thing" looks like a rusted out hand file. and the other one again looks like something off a barn door

Located in Durham region Ontario.  Always looking for local md'rs to hunt with.
09-23-2014, 05:22 PM
(09-23-2014 12:35 PM)rockhunter005 Wrote:  
(09-21-2014 03:39 PM)IndianaBones Wrote:  Boy looks like you guys did some serious digging.

Great job Dad ...

H.H ...

BONES ...

I would have to agree with Bones, the "sword thing" looks like a rusted out hand file. and the other one again looks like something off a barn door

Probably a house door.  No history of a barn there.  The old iron is cool.  Thanks for the ID help.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  More trail hunting On Saturday and Sunday leo aranza 2 145 09-02-2017 09:30 AM
Last Post: shadeseeker
  3 ring Saturday Kajunman 7 474 06-02-2017 05:49 PM
Last Post: MichiganRelicHunter
  Saturday at the beach updownup 4 646 09-01-2016 10:42 PM
Last Post: RelicMedic
  Saturday Morning Silver Cladjunky 3 396 08-27-2016 07:17 PM
Last Post: Cladjunky
  Saturday's Hunt Nick A 9 460 12-06-2015 09:39 PM
Last Post: RelicMedic

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)