R.I.P Merle Haggard.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Find all posts by this user
04-06-2016, 07:00 PM
R.I.P Merle Haggard.
Quote this message in a reply
A Country Music Legend, dies at 79. R.I.P Merle Haggard.

updownup, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Oct 2015.
04-06-2016, 07:04 PM
RE: R.I.P Merle Haggard.
I just saw that on the news. Rest in peace. Another music legend gone. They're dropping like flies guys. We're getting old.

PittsburghWill, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Jul 2013.
"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men"  Willy Wonka

I've lived. Not always well, but long enough.
04-06-2016, 07:12 PM
Sorry to hear that news. He had some great songs! Working Man Blues was my favorite. Hopefully some musician out there was under his influence. God Bless Merle! Good Journey!

Ed

MineLab SE Pro w/11" Pro, 12x10 SEF, 8x6 SEF, Explorer 1000
Garrett AT PRO, w/8.5x11, 5x8, Deteknix Wireless, RnB Recharge (2).
Delta 4000, w/8" concentric, 13" Ultimate, 5x10 DD.
Garrett PP, & Pro Pointer AT.
Leusch, Hori Digger (2), Sampson Ball Handle Shovel.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-06-2016, 08:56 PM
Not the biggest country music guy here, but I certainly loved me some Johnny Cash. While Merle was obviously one of the biggest stars in the world in that genre, I wasn't too familiar with his tunes, aside from one or two or his biggest hits. However, I think the real tragedy is...

We're losing a lot of the old time, grizzled, REAL men that were from a different generation. Much like they don't make guys like John Wayne or Johnny Cash anymore, so too it was for Merle. They just didn't give a flying f@ck, and more importantly, they didn't care if someone else did, either. Hard drinking, hard smoking, speak the truth type of men. Not like these p@$$y 'stars' like you see today.

To me, another one of a dying breed gone.

Joe

NjNyDigger, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since 2013.

[Image: image.jpg]
04-07-2016, 07:54 PM
Yeah, he was good and made us all sing like we lived in the southwest -Okie from Mistokie .....but he didn't teach me how to spell it!!!!!!!
RIP

Bigtony, member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Jan 2015.
04-07-2016, 09:55 PM
Went to one of his shows back in the late 70's had a great time . RIP.

proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Aug 2013.
04-08-2016, 04:00 AM
(This post was last modified: 04-08-2016 04:06 AM by Thevipermc.)
(04-06-2016 07:00 PM)updownup Wrote:  A Country Music Legend, dies at 79. R.I.P Merle Haggard.
I'm really sorry guys but don't know who Merle Haggard is, will listen to some of their music now, rip

(04-06-2016 08:56 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote:  Not the biggest country music guy here, but I certainly loved me some Johnny Cash. While Merle was obviously one of the biggest stars in the world in that genre, I wasn't too familiar with his tunes, aside from one or two or his biggest hits. However, I think the real tragedy is...

We're losing a lot of the old time, grizzled, REAL men that were from a different generation. Much like they don't make guys like John Wayne or Johnny Cash anymore, so too it was for Merle. They just didn't give a flying f@ck, and more importantly, they didn't care if someone else did, either. Hard drinking, hard smoking, speak the truth type of men. Not like these p@$$y 'stars' like you see today.

To me, another one of a dying breed gone.

Joe
That makes Merle Haggard, David Bowie, Christopher Lee (starting it) and Alan Rickman all tragedies of the celebrity world

Thevipermc, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Dec 2015, swinging a garrett ace 200i

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)