Roadtrip! Foundation DUD and Arrowheads!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Find all posts by this user
07-17-2016, 07:52 PM
Roadtrip! Foundation DUD and Arrowheads!
Quote this message in a reply
As you guys probably know, my brother is "addicted" to arrowhead hunting and says if the wife didn't call him to remind him to come home, he'd probably sleep out there in the corn and soybeans or have to be dragged out by the State Police!

So today we did a little of both the detecting and the arrowhead stuff. He had a permission to detect an old homestead foundation from the late 1800's which was unfortunately so overgrown and loaded with tin roof and nails that it was about impossible to detect. And he had no luck at all except for nails and the like with his Whites Coinmaster, which is really a great park grass machine but kinda sucks in the tall stubby stuff. Me with the SE Pro, well, with sense on 28 hovering about 4 to 6 inches over the real ground, above the stiff grass, I almost went deaf!!! No IM now. My power button and IM button are both not working on the control panel so I'm wide open on iron and minerals. I was able to find a pressed brass buckle though, which I unfortunately didn't take a pic of.

Anyway, I love this country. And there's nothing else in the world that I'd rather be doing than spending time with my brother, doing the things we love!

It's a short one again! I'm still learning and using the phone camera. When I get it all down pat I'm moving up.

Enjoy and HAPPY HUNTING GUYS AND GALS!!!!

Ed/ODF

https://youtu.be/g42ruuDlYGQ

MineLab SE Pro w/11" Pro, 12x10 SEF, 8x6 SEF, Explorer 1000
Garrett AT PRO, w/8.5x11, 5x8, Deteknix Wireless, RnB Recharge (2).
Delta 4000, w/8" concentric, 13" Ultimate, 5x10 DD.
Garrett PP, & Pro Pointer AT.
Leusch, Hori Digger (2), Sampson Ball Handle Shovel.
07-17-2016, 08:29 PM
RE: Roadtrip! Foundation DUD and Arrowheads!
Hi Ed. Nice little clip showing your hunting experience. Your images are clear and steady, and your narration is smooth. I think you've already got the technique down pat. Sorry you didn't hit a metallic payload but the Indian items were superb. You can tell by my avatar that I'm an arrowhead freak too. Pass along my regards to your brother and wish him happy hunting for me. The little black point is a great find---very old.

shadeseeker, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Oct 2015.
07-18-2016, 12:39 AM
Hey Ed! Sorry to hear about the bust at the 1800s site but the arrowhead hunting sure is great! The spear point is awesome! Keep at it and stay coolYesBeer

Zachbl92, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum and detectorist since Nov 2015.
Garret At Pro(12x13, 8.5x11, 5x8, 4.5") Garret At Pinpointer, GG original headphones, Predator Piranha/Little Eagle T shovel, Lesche hand digger.
Button Count FTY: Lost count
07-18-2016, 08:13 PM
Ed, glad you and your brother got to spend time together hunting. Congrats to your brother for having eyes to spot the two points. Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed it.

updownup, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Oct 2015.
07-18-2016, 09:39 PM
Keep the videos comming Ed. Looks like a good place this fall.

proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Aug 2013.
07-19-2016, 04:43 PM
Cool video Ed and cool eyes for sure.

Bigtony, member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Jan 2015.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)