Rock hard grunts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Find all posts by this user
05-15-2015, 10:37 AM
Rock hard grunts
(This post was last modified: 05-15-2015 10:38 AM by PittsburghWill.)
Quote this message in a reply
I went out detecting on Sunday. I was using the T2. The ground conditions were horrible. Bone dry and rock hard. This ground is high mineral and I guess being so dry just made it worse. Everything was giving iron grunts. I dug every hit that gave a glimpse of a tone. The visual ID was all over the place. It was so bad that 4" deep ring tabs were giving mostly grunt tones. I did get some cool stuff though. The bullets and shells are the norm for this place. The deepest thing I dug was the huge lightbulb and it was maybe 7" if that and terrible ID. I did get a churchkey and the old pencil pieces. I'm always learning more about ground conditions and how they affect target ID. Next time at this spot it's back the the pulse TDI. I gotta learn more with that one too.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

PittsburghWill, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Jul 2013.
"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men"  Willy Wonka

I've lived. Not always well, but long enough.
05-15-2015, 08:25 PM
RE: Rock hard grunts
I really like the lead bullets Will! Yes I dig tons of all the rest of that stuff all the time too. You just can't get past it sometimes. Ground here is okay yet; had some rain go through this am and it's not butter but still pretty easy to dig. Wish I could find one of those old lead pencils. That's a real relic. YesYesBeer

Ed/ODF

MineLab SE Pro w/11" Pro, 12x10 SEF, 8x6 SEF, Explorer 1000
Garrett AT PRO, w/8.5x11, 5x8, Deteknix Wireless, RnB Recharge (2).
Delta 4000, w/8" concentric, 13" Ultimate, 5x10 DD.
Garrett PP, & Pro Pointer AT.
Leusch, Hori Digger (2), Sampson Ball Handle Shovel.
05-16-2015, 08:21 AM
Fun stuff Will!

My empire of dirt.
05-16-2015, 11:25 AM
Good digs Will Yes

Looks like some work in diggin all that stuff in those conditions!

Beer

MichiganRelicHunter, proud to be a digger since 1977
05-17-2015, 10:12 AM
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2015 08:33 PM by PittsburghWill.)
(05-15-2015 08:25 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote:  I really like the lead bullets Will! Yes I dig tons of all the rest of that stuff all the time too. You just can't get past it sometimes. Ground here is okay yet; had some rain go through this am and it's not butter but still pretty easy to dig. Wish I could find one of those old lead pencils. That's a real relic. YesYesBeer

Ed/ODF

One time I was digging along side an old schoolhouse to put a drain in. I was finding a bunch of those pencils. I sat them up on a window ledge and was going to bring them home, but I ended up forgetting them. That would have been a good place to detect.

(05-16-2015 11:25 AM)MichiganRelicHunter Wrote:  Good digs Will Yes

Looks like some work in diggin all that stuff in those conditions!

Beer

I actually dug more than that. The pesky pulltabs and other crap. I didn't dig as much as usual though with the hard ground and terrible ID. Recovery time was longer than usual.

PittsburghWill, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Jul 2013.

05-17-2015, 08:30 PM
Nice group of bullets there Will !!!!

proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Aug 2013.
05-18-2015, 06:59 AM
Love the bullets , Will. I would trade you some rain for dryer weather. It seems like we have rain everyday down here.

I have 3 best friends. Their names are Ace 350 , AT Pro ,  and a Fisher F 75 but I like people too.
05-18-2015, 08:40 AM
(05-18-2015 06:59 AM)Kajunman Wrote:  Love the bullets , Will. I would trade you some rain for dryer weather. It seems like we have rain everyday down here.

Thanks Kajun, but the rain already came. I was out in it all day Saturday. First was my boy's baseball game. Then we went downtown to the children's theatre festival. Yesterday I was up early ready to head out with the TDI and it was raining. I got rained out this time. Oh well. Maybe next weekend.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-19-2015, 07:33 PM
Nice digs, Will. We're in the EXACT same boat here. It's so bad, I haven't been out for a serious hunt in weeks. Ground is drier than a bone! Rock hard, too. Couple all that with abnormal heat & humidity for this time of year, and it doesn't even pay to go out. There's no heavy rain in sight, either, and we need it, as we're more than 3" behind. Certainly not on par with California's drought problems, but just not good detecting conditions No

Joe

NjNyDigger, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since 2013.

[Image: image.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Detecting hard to get to 100 SCFTY - now at 95 leo aranza 6 494 10-19-2016 01:15 PM
Last Post: NjNyDigger
  Hard Dry Ground............Got Silver Sven TreasureLinx 4 651 06-01-2016 07:36 PM
Last Post: Ohio Dirt Fisher
  Ground is still Hard - But!! bulletbob 6 626 10-01-2015 02:27 PM
Last Post: Gerry F
  Old cuff-link with big rock leo aranza 4 721 03-26-2015 02:35 PM
Last Post: bulletbob
  Space rock leo aranza 4 519 03-25-2015 08:56 AM
Last Post: deathray

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)