Rosie & Washington, Wheats, Boy Scouts & Token

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Find all posts by this user
10-22-2016, 07:20 PM
Rosie & Washington, Wheats, Boy Scouts & Token
(This post was last modified: 10-23-2016 09:56 AM by Ohio Dirt Fisher.)
Quote this message in a reply
Yesterday I didn't have a great deal of luck except for what appears to be a silver plated Boy Scout snap button still attached to the leather and it's related snap which was a few inches away. Was a miserable day to go out because it was on and off rain but I dealt with it. Also found a token of sorts which I believe is Slovenian as the writing on it isn't the King's english. I got no idea what it means but it does have the date of 1907 on it. Any of you guys that can help with this one I'd be thankful.

Today, in another section of the park, spent about three hours collecting junk then remembered a spot where I had hit a lot of wheats a while back and went and redid it, this time with the AT Pro. I was kind of surprised that I hit all this today. I'd been over that spot many times with the minelab. This area I'm speaking of is about 20 feet wide and 60 feet long. Like a section of woods that a whole lotta people were at over time and I got no idea why because it's well off the beaten path.

And I don't know why it happens, but in the grass, on the way back to my truck, I get this NICE 89, 90, 91; real deep. I'm thinking maybe it's another silver quarter! At 9 inches up comes a Scout kerchief holder!! So in 2 days, in two completely different spots, I come up with Scout stuff. Cool

Also wanted to say hello to Jim C who I bumped into on the way out as he was getting ready to head in with his E Trac. Had'nt seen him in a while and loved the conversation we had! Hope you had some luck there Jim! Yes

Have fun out there Guys and Gals and HAPPY HUNTING!

Ed

ps.... Darling Darlene Bigglesworth found one of those tokens for me! http://www.ebay.com/itm/1907-canjeara-Es...694?_ul=BO

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

MineLab SE Pro w/11" Pro, 12x10 SEF, 8x6 SEF, Explorer 1000
Garrett AT PRO, w/8.5x11, 5x8, Deteknix Wireless, RnB Recharge (2).
Delta 4000, w/8" concentric, 13" Ultimate, 5x10 DD.
Garrett PP, & Pro Pointer AT.
Leusch, Hori Digger (2), Sampson Ball Handle Shovel.
10-22-2016, 08:42 PM
RE: Rosie & Washington, Wheats, Boy Scouts & Token
Nice saves Ed Yes

Love the boy scout tie slide thing!

Coins are cool too Yes

BeerBeer

MichiganRelicHunter, proud to be a digger since 1977
10-22-2016, 10:04 PM
Ed didn't see you in the surf today down at the lake it was only 4 foot waves at a brisk 44 and 35 mile an hour winds... Nice finds we had to leave the lake front and head inland for awhile. Wind whipped and still swinging Happy

Cladjunky From Cleveland Mooning
Makro Racer with 7x11 coil
F75 with 11 inch and 15 inch coil DST
RT6DETECTORS.COM for the best deals!
AT Pinpointer and Lesche 31 inch
10-22-2016, 10:23 PM
(This post was last modified: 10-22-2016 10:23 PM by Ohio Dirt Fisher.)
(10-22-2016 10:04 PM)Cladjunky Wrote:  Ed didn't see you in the surf today down at the lake it was only 4 foot waves at a brisk 44 and 35 mile an hour winds... Nice finds we had to leave the lake front and head inland for awhile. Wind whipped and still swinging Happy

Ha! How about falling trees? The big crackkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk..... Gotta keep one muff off the ear to know which way to run and then run like the devil is chasing you! Chuckle Thanks btw! Guess where and I'll buy you a beer! (You'll be real surprised!)

Ed

10-22-2016, 10:31 PM
(10-22-2016 10:23 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote:  
(10-22-2016 10:04 PM)Cladjunky Wrote:  Ed didn't see you in the surf today down at the lake it was only 4 foot waves at a brisk 44 and 35 mile an hour winds... Nice finds we had to leave the lake front and head inland for awhile. Wind whipped and still swinging Happy

Ha! How about falling trees? The big crackkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk..... Gotta keep one muff off the ear to know which way to run and then run like the devil is chasing you! Chuckle Thanks btw! Guess where and I'll buy you a beer! (You'll be real surprised!)

Ed

I'd have more chance finding the pot of gold at the end of a rainbow then You in the Metro Parks Happy

Cladjunky From Cleveland Mooning
Makro Racer with 7x11 coil
F75 with 11 inch and 15 inch coil DST
RT6DETECTORS.COM for the best deals!
AT Pinpointer and Lesche 31 inch
10-22-2016, 11:04 PM
(10-22-2016 10:31 PM)Cladjunky Wrote:  
(10-22-2016 10:23 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote:  

Ed

I'd have more chance finding the pot of gold at the end of a rainbow then You in the Metro Parks Happy

You could be right! Sometimes I can't find myself in the Metroparks! Chuckle And that get's pretty scary! No But when I show you this spot, well, you won't believe it. That Rosie was a sketchy one. Was reading 77, 79, 80 and a blip of an 83, 84 from three different directions. I thought another wheat but it turned out as shown. Must've been on edge so I dug it as an educated guess. The Washington blew my ears out on full sense. Real high tone shooting a 92, 93, 95, 88, 89. Same full sense. I would have sworn it was a eroded can top. Found it. Re-swept and found an eroded can top 6 inches away. Both silvers I estimate at around 4 inches down as were the wheats.

Ed

10-23-2016, 10:33 AM
You've come up with some more nice finds Ed. The Boy Scout stuff is an interesting bit of Americana, and makes me wonder how much of those pins, badges, slides etc I left behind in the woods during my scouting days. Sadly, the camping sites we used to frequent are in two local state parks, so I'll never get a chance to find any of it. Keep on posting!

shadeseeker, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Oct 2015.
10-23-2016, 08:00 PM
I was relieved you didn't find actual Boy Scouts , I'd hate to think of them lost in the woods !Tongue
  Yet another great bunch of finds , way to go.
HH
Pat

Digsit, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Feb 2016.
Remember for the good of the hobby It is better to ask for permission than to beg for forgiveness.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Same Area, Washington Twins #29 & 30! Ohio Dirt Fisher 2 117 07-31-2017 08:00 PM
Last Post: Ohio Dirt Fisher
  Really Flattened Rosie #26!!! Ohio Dirt Fisher 3 86 07-23-2017 09:13 AM
Last Post: leo aranza
  #21 & 22! NICE 1925 SLQ & 1953 Rosie! Ohio Dirt Fisher 4 163 07-03-2017 09:57 AM
Last Post: updownup
  #20 FTY A Rosie is a Rosie! Ohio Dirt Fisher 4 197 07-03-2017 09:55 AM
  # 56 FTY Rosie, Henry V. Allien Button, early Memorials! Ohio Dirt Fisher 9 421 11-06-2016 01:53 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)