Rusty quarter ???

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Find all posts by this user
10-22-2014, 09:44 PM
Rusty quarter ???
Quote this message in a reply
i found this quarter a few weeks ago, and set it aside to be forgotten about.
i was cleaning some of the crappage off my desk picked up the quarter and noticed the quarter is beginning to rust badly. i have found many quarters over the years, but never had one rust away on me ??? ... im no coin expert, but is that normal .

i don`t know whats in the water down here, but it can`t be healthy ...

US Quarter :
Cupronickel or copper-nickel is an alloy of copper that contains nickel and strengthening elements, such as iron and manganese. Cupronickel is highly resistant to corrosion in seawater, because its electrode potential is adjusted to be neutral with regard to seawater. Because of this, it is used for piping, heat exchangers and condensers in seawater systems, as well as marine hardware, and sometimes for the propellers, crankshafts and hulls of premium tugboats, fishing boats and other working boats.
[attachment=3852]
[attachment=3853]
11-09-2014, 11:12 PM
RE: Rusty quarter ???
(This post was last modified: 11-10-2014 02:11 PM by IndianaBones.)
(11-09-2014 11:01 PM)biggredd1972@yahoo.com Wrote:  I have heard of counterfeit coins coming out of china. You could request what ever you wanted. Maybe one of these?????

STRANGE, !!! . wonder if that`s where that dollar you posted came from.
maybe someone bought it from china and dropped it in the field.
that`s an interesting find, even more so than finding the real thing ...

BONES ...
11-10-2014, 12:41 AM
RE: Rusty quarter ???
(This post was last modified: 11-10-2014 12:44 AM by IndianaBones.)
(11-01-2014 10:16 PM)Dean Stone Wrote:  What did you clean it with? Maybe that had something to do with it.

the coin was never cleaned by me, I don`t clean clad i throw it in the trash bucket or the wife gets it ...

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)