silver england find

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-23-2016, 06:48 PM
silver england find
Quote this message in a reply
hey everyone I am back and got a couple pictures to share. This first one is my favorite

.jpg  1458773262_celticsilverunit2 2016 2.jpg (Size: 9.38 KB / Downloads: 58)
Here is one of my great finds from my recent detecting trip to england. It is a 10-40 AD Cunobelin Celtic silver unit

Sitting Griffin type - CVNO in tablet, wreath border

Griffin right on tablet containing CAMV - Classed as Extremely Rare

Steveo, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Jun 2013.
Find all posts by this user
03-23-2016, 07:12 PM
RE: silver england find
Saaaaweeeeet!! Good job man! You must be ecstatic with that find! It's so hard to wrap your mind around the age isn't it. How different things were then, what the person looked like who dropped it, what they had to go through to even get it in the first place, the history that walked over it for 2000 years!! So cool! Congratulations! !

RelicMedic, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Nov 2014.
03-23-2016, 07:13 PM
That's f'ing incredible. So awesome you're able to get to england and detect. And find such a amazing find. I'm glad you got such a incredible coin! Can't wait to see the rest! Thanks for sharing and congrats on the successful trip

Zachbl92, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum and detectorist since Nov 2015.
Garret At Pro(12x13, 8.5x11, 5x8, 4.5") Garret At Pinpointer, GG original headphones, Predator Piranha/Little Eagle T shovel, Lesche hand digger.
Button Count FTY: Lost count
03-23-2016, 09:15 PM
Yes it was a great feeling when I seen it come out of the ground. I just knew it was great as I have never found anything like it. There are lots of different designs from this emperor but this design there is only one other coin so far like it.
I wish I could have stayed longer as it was so much fun. So I will have to wait till next year before I get to do it again. I cannot wait

03-23-2016, 09:40 PM
One fabulous coin and one very memorable trip! I have to be honest and say that I really envy those fellas detecting across the pond. They have so much history underneath their feet. Great find and thank you for sharing Steve!

I'd also say that's a banner for sure!

Ed/ODF

MineLab SE Pro w/11" Pro, 12x10 SEF, 8x6 SEF, Explorer 1000
Garrett AT PRO, w/8.5x11, 5x8, Deteknix Wireless, RnB Recharge (2).
Delta 4000, w/8" concentric, 13" Ultimate, 5x10 DD.
Garrett PP, & Pro Pointer AT.
Leusch, Hori Digger (2), Sampson Ball Handle Shovel.
03-23-2016, 10:21 PM
Holy have to say it SHIT Stevo. That is a most incredible coin relic. Hope that makes Banner definitely worthyYesBeer

Detecting is more than a hobby, it is a passion
03-23-2016, 10:49 PM
Hey Steveo , congrats on your great find. Did you go with a group or by yourself?

proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Aug 2013.
03-24-2016, 08:33 AM
WOw !!!!!  Knowing you get to go back has got to have you counting down the days , what a great find . 
   Does having found something that old ruin you for finding our relatively new coins over here?
   I don't know if I get a vote , but I think it belongs in the banner.
   Thanks for sharing it with us.
Pat

Digsit, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Feb 2016.
Remember for the good of the hobby It is better to ask for permission than to beg for forgiveness.
03-24-2016, 11:55 AM
(03-24-2016 08:33 AM)Digsit Wrote:     Does having found something that old ruin you for finding our relatively new coins over here?
Pat

Ha, that's a very valid question! I can only speak for myself, so, no, I don't think it would ruin finding anything newer, but I would constantly be chasing something that old again...even if only in my dreams, lol.

Steve, we here in the US of A cannot even comprehend a find that old. That my friend, is surely a 'Holy Grail' type of find for a detectorist. STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!

Banner all the way Yes

Joe

NjNyDigger, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since 2013.

[Image: image.jpg]
03-24-2016, 12:24 PM
Well when I got back I drove to Virginia. too look for civil war stuff. The whole time I was wishing I stayed the extra week. But now I am back home and we just got 5 inches of snow so when that's gone it will be back to reality and find the silver again.
This trip was with a club I belong to in England its the Colchester treasure hunting club http://www.colchestertreasurehunting.co.uk/home.htm here is a link if you want to look at some more of there finds. The week I was there we had about 40 other detectorist from USA and Canada

(03-24-2016 08:33 AM)Digsit Wrote:  WOw !!!!!  Knowing you get to go back has got to have you counting down the days , what a great find . 
   Does having found something that old ruin you for finding our relatively new coins over here?
   I don't know if I get a vote , but I think it belongs in the banner.
   Thanks for sharing it with us.
Pat

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  england gold coin 2016 Steveo 9 601 04-12-2016 12:45 AM
Last Post: Zachbl92
  Some of my other england finds silver and bronze Steveo 16 964 04-09-2016 09:28 AM
Last Post: Steveo
  Yesterday's silver find Bigtony 6 706 04-04-2016 10:21 AM
Last Post: NjNyDigger
  2016 England gold Steveo 4 606 03-26-2016 08:54 PM
Last Post: bulletbob
  2016 England gold Steveo 3 355 03-26-2016 05:45 AM
Last Post: Thevipermc

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)