Silver in the corn field

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Find all posts by this user
05-04-2016, 02:57 PM
Silver in the corn field
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2016 02:58 PM by scott demont.)
Quote this message in a reply
Hi gang at it again!! Misting out and very muddy but oh well that's detecting.  Went out shortly before 8am today after dropping off the girlfriend.  Get to the field fire up the T2 get to the top of the small hill and bam 82_86 very first signal. Knew it was slver right away but what dig a muddy plug about 7 inches and see shiney 1917mercury. Detected for around 4 hours and landed 4wheats ,4buttons, 4 bullets. And a few unknowns.  
    HAPPY HUNTING And thanks for looking                

Oh yeah lost track of the ox shoes. They just keep coming

Detecting is more than a hobby, it is a passion
05-04-2016, 03:06 PM
RE: Silver in the corn field
Congrats on the silver man! Someone ided something similar to your lead pieces. They said bale seals. Check that out

Zachbl92, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum and detectorist since Nov 2015.
Garret At Pro(12x13, 8.5x11, 5x8, 4.5") Garret At Pinpointer, GG original headphones, Predator Piranha/Little Eagle T shovel, Lesche hand digger.
Button Count FTY: Lost count
05-04-2016, 03:11 PM
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2016 03:17 PM by Ohio Dirt Fisher.)
I love Mercs!! Those are seals of some sort but I know not what! Nice variety of finds! Yes For me in the grass lately it's pulltabs, foil, rectangular pulltabs, can slaw, bottle tops, foil bottle seals etc..... So you're doing pretty good man!! Raining here again today too. Just as I get off work!!! DAMN! No

I get to thinking while I'm swinging and listening for tones, that if I was artistically inclined I could take all my bits and pieces of various colored can slaw and put them all together to make a mosaic of Elvis or Jesus or somebody, something, hey, the Brooklyn Bridge, on a nice velvet background. Maybe I could sell them on ebay?

Ed/ODF

MineLab SE Pro w/11" Pro, 12x10 SEF, 8x6 SEF, Explorer 1000
Garrett AT PRO, w/8.5x11, 5x8, Deteknix Wireless, RnB Recharge (2).
Delta 4000, w/8" concentric, 13" Ultimate, 5x10 DD.
Garrett PP, & Pro Pointer AT.
Leusch, Hori Digger (2), Sampson Ball Handle Shovel.
05-04-2016, 04:09 PM
Nice find, merc is always a keeper. Congrats Scott.

Somebody might to reel Ed back end. He's been doing some intense thinking. Lol

updownup, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Oct 2015.
05-04-2016, 04:13 PM
(05-04-2016 03:11 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote:  I get to thinking while I'm swinging and listening for tones, that if I was artistically inclined I could take all my bits and pieces of various colored can slaw and put them all together to make a mosaic of Elvis or Jesus or somebody, something, hey, the Brooklyn Bridge, on a nice velvet background. Maybe I could sell them on ebay?

Ed/ODF

It's okay Ed, I've thought the same thing before. But with the pieces of pottery and old glass I find! YesBeer

Zachbl92, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum and detectorist since Nov 2015.
Garret At Pro(12x13, 8.5x11, 5x8, 4.5") Garret At Pinpointer, GG original headphones, Predator Piranha/Little Eagle T shovel, Lesche hand digger.
Button Count FTY: Lost count
05-04-2016, 04:35 PM
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2016 04:35 PM by Thevipermc.)
(05-04-2016 02:57 PM)scott demont Wrote:  Hi gang at it again!! Misting out and very muddy but oh well that's detecting.  Went out shortly before 8am today after dropping off the girlfriend.  Get to the field fire up the T2 get to the top of the small hill and bam 82_86 very first signal. Knew it was slver right away but what dig a muddy plug about 7 inches and see shiney 1917mercury. Detected for around 4 hours and landed 4wheats ,4buttons, 4 bullets. And a few unknowns.  

Congrats on the silver! Lead is definitely Russian bag\bale seals,check out the peacehavens project about them,gedd over there has over 5000 of them! He also has a YouTube channel called peacehavens, go sub to him and tell him thevipermc139 sent you in the comments of a new vid! He's a really great guy and does awesome vids in the Yorkshire dales,England!

Thevipermc, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Dec 2015, swinging a garrett ace 200i
05-04-2016, 05:54 PM
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2016 06:00 PM by Digsit.)
Looks like a great hunt , I am watching it pour down rain and being a little jealous.
HH
Pat

(05-04-2016 03:11 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote:  I love Mercs!! Those are seals of some sort but I know not what! Nice variety of finds! Yes For me in the grass lately it's pulltabs, foil, rectangular pulltabs, can slaw, bottle tops, foil bottle seals etc..... So you're doing pretty good man!! Raining here again today too. Just as I get off work!!! DAMN!  No

I get to thinking while I'm swinging and listening for tones, that if I was artistically inclined I could take all my bits and pieces of various colored can slaw and put them all together to make a mosaic of Elvis or Jesus or somebody, something, hey, the Brooklyn Bridge, on a nice velvet background. Maybe I could sell them on ebay?

Ed/ODF
   Raining here too Sad  At first I thought you were saying you were going to arrange the can slaw excetera and make detector music ; it had me thinking you need to make a couple of good finds to get some high tones in there ( the best detector music) , but the mosaic is a better idea.......

Digsit, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Feb 2016.
Remember for the good of the hobby It is better to ask for permission than to beg for forgiveness.
05-04-2016, 06:38 PM
(05-04-2016 04:35 PM)Thevipermc Wrote:  
(05-04-2016 02:57 PM)scott demont Wrote:  Hi gang at it again!! Misting out and very muddy but oh well that's detecting.  Went out shortly before 8am today after dropping off the girlfriend.  Get to the field fire up the T2 get to the top of the small hill and bam 82_86 very first signal. Knew it was slver right away but what dig a muddy plug about 7 inches and see shiney 1917mercury. Detected for around 4 hours and landed 4wheats ,4buttons, 4 bullets. And a few unknowns.  

Congrats on the silver! Lead is definitely Russian bag\bale seals,check out the peacehavens project about them,gedd over there has over 5000 of them! He also has a YouTube channel called peacehavens, go sub to him and tell him thevipermc139 sent you in the comments of a new vid! He's a really great guy and does awesome vids in the Yorkshire dales,England!

Thanks Viper! That's great info.

Ed

MineLab SE Pro w/11" Pro, 12x10 SEF, 8x6 SEF, Explorer 1000
Garrett AT PRO, w/8.5x11, 5x8, Deteknix Wireless, RnB Recharge (2).
Delta 4000, w/8" concentric, 13" Ultimate, 5x10 DD.
Garrett PP, & Pro Pointer AT.
Leusch, Hori Digger (2), Sampson Ball Handle Shovel.
05-04-2016, 07:18 PM
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2016 07:19 PM by RelicMedic.)
Great score on the merc and bale seals!

Scottie's on fire!!! Sorry man, had to do it

RelicMedic, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Nov 2014.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Yesterdays finds at the corn field Zachbl92 6 505 04-15-2016 09:07 PM
Last Post: RelicMedic
  2_25_16 corn field scott demont 3 422 02-25-2016 09:03 PM
Last Post: Zachbl92
  Silver at the beach and old copper in the field RelicMedic 10 894 01-12-2016 10:29 PM
Last Post: Bigtony
  Two Hours In A Corn Field "To Find This" Jim Kenson 1 280 11-30-2013 06:59 PM
Last Post: NjNyDigger

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)