Super human ability or money?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Find all posts by this user
01-04-2016, 07:47 PM
Super human ability or money?
Quote this message in a reply
So, today I started a new TV series on Netflix with Cassandra called The Flash. Its a DC series about a man who gets struck by lightning and obtains super human speed, aka The Flash. We watched 1 episode and its pretty cool so far.
After the first episode, I thought to myself about a super human ability. Human metal detector! Obviously it's not as cool as some of the other super hero powers but I think it'd be pretty neat.
So, I thought there should be a limit to the power and thats being able to have a 5 mile radius and pick up anything metallic and know exactly what it is.
So when I thought of that, I asked my gf would she rather have the power to be able to find and locate treasure or have 100 million dollars..cash! She picked the power and so did I as I think it'd be pretty awesome to locate treasure with just your mind.

What would you choose and why?

Zachbl92, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum and detectorist since Nov 2015.
Garret At Pro(12x13, 8.5x11, 5x8, 4.5") Garret At Pinpointer, GG original headphones, Predator Piranha/Little Eagle T shovel, Lesche hand digger.
Button Count FTY: Lost count
01-04-2016, 09:00 PM
RE: Super human ability or money?
When I'm out walking the fields or looking around a cellar hole, I often say to myself, "I wish there was a way to tell exactly where the good stuff is". Like, is there a gold coin in the ground somewhere close...if only there was a way to see into the ground, like an xray and cover an entire field as fast as I could walk. I know a detector does exactly that in a sense, but to have that ability...to drive past a place and just see it all in the ground as you pass by, would be pretty kick ass!

RelicMedic, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Nov 2014.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-04-2016, 10:15 PM
Ha! That's pretty funny Happy Actually, there's a great show on t.v., Discovery if I remember correctly, or one of those channels. It's called "Super Humans", and is hosted by none other than the legendary Stan Lee.

They feature 3 or 4 people per episode, each who is gifted with some unique, god given ability.

There was one woman who was resistant to extreme heat, a guy who was a human magnet, another fella who could bend steel, and a million other things. They are all tested in a laboratory, as scientists try to explain why they exhibit such abilities.

Fascinating, check it out Yes

Joe

NjNyDigger, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since 2013.

[Image: image.jpg]
01-05-2016, 02:58 PM
I believe we have the power in ourselves - the problem is - we don't listen to our inner selves because we get easily distracted.
Trust the force when you are in the field.....the metal detector is only an extension of yourself much like a fishing pole or golf club

Bigtony, member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Jan 2015.
01-05-2016, 04:21 PM
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2016 04:29 PM by Zachbl92.)
(01-04-2016 09:00 PM)RelicMedic Wrote:  When I'm out walking the fields or looking around a cellar hole, I often say to myself, "I wish there was a way to tell exactly where the good stuff is". Like, is there a gold coin in the ground somewhere close...if only there was a way to see into the ground, like an xray and cover an entire field as fast as I could walk. I know a detector does exactly that in a sense, but to have that ability...to drive past a place and just see it all in the ground as you pass by, would be pretty kick ass!

Chris, that's exactly what I do occasionally while I metal detect or drive past old House's. That's what made me think of the "power!"

(01-04-2016 10:15 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote:  Ha! That's pretty funny Happy Actually, there's a great show on t.v., Discovery if I remember correctly, or one of those channels. It's called "Super Humans", and is hosted by none other than the legendary Stan Lee.

They feature 3 or 4 people per episode, each who is gifted with some unique, god given ability.

There was one woman who was resistant to extreme heat, a guy who was a human magnet, another fella who could bend steel, and a million other things. They are all tested in a laboratory, as scientists try to explain why they exhibit such abilities.

Fascinating, check it out Yes

Joe
Its not funny Sad its cooool!
Lol. I've actually seen a couple episodes of that show on Netflix. Its actually pretty interesting. The one I remember the dude was like a monkey and could climb everything... Lol.

(01-05-2016 02:58 PM)Bigtony Wrote:  I believe we have the power in ourselves - the problem is - we don't listen to our inner selves because we get easily distracted.
Trust the force when you are in the field.....the metal detector is only an extension of yourself much like a fishing pole or golf club

Interesting. But I agree.
Did you watch star wars before you commented BTW? Tongue

Zachbl92, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum and detectorist since Nov 2015.
Garret At Pro(12x13, 8.5x11, 5x8, 4.5") Garret At Pinpointer, GG original headphones, Predator Piranha/Little Eagle T shovel, Lesche hand digger.
01-06-2016, 12:17 AM
Yes, I did get to see the new Star Wars movie and it was very good. I also saw the first Star Wars movie in 70 mm film because back then special effects were just getting started and this was the movie that started the ball rolling.

Bigtony, member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Jan 2015.
01-06-2016, 12:23 AM
So I've heard! Sadly, I've never seen a star wars movie. I've seen bits and pieces but never watched all of a movie. I've played the star wars game on N64 though back when I was younger and that was fun! Lol. I'll have to check it out one day, its been to long and I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

That's pretty cool you saw the original back in the day though and now with all the special effects and what not!

01-06-2016, 12:24 PM
I'll take the money

Dusty, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Aug 2013.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-06-2016, 07:22 PM
(01-06-2016 12:23 AM)Zachbl92 Wrote:  So I've heard! Sadly, I've never seen a star wars movie. I've seen bits and pieces but never watched all of a movie. I've played the star wars game on N64 though back when I was younger and that was fun! Lol. I'll have to check it out one day, its been to long and I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

That's pretty cool you saw the original back in the day though and now with all the special effects and what not!

Ha, I thought I was the only one, Zach. I've never seen the original Star Wars, and when I tell people that, they look at me like I have 10 heads. I'm not really a sci-fi guy, or an action movie nut. I like mostly drama, independent films, and documentaries, the latter of which is my favorite to watch. My tastes hold true even when it's television. I don't do a lot of the episodic stuff, but I was addicted to Curb Your Enthusiasm, as the writing was superb.

Joe

NjNyDigger, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since 2013.

[Image: image.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Reclaimed wood table tutorial. Super easy! RelicMedic 12 395 01-23-2017 09:52 PM
Last Post: RelicMedic
  On the Money! NjNyDigger 4 430 11-18-2014 11:48 PM
Last Post: bulletbob
  Who we liking in the Super Bowl? NjNyDigger 6 466 02-03-2014 12:34 AM
Last Post: deathray

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)