Tesoro Deleon RSD 8x11 coil air depth test.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Find all posts by this user
10-07-2016, 08:45 PM
Tesoro Deleon RSD 8x11 coil air depth test.
Quote this message in a reply
Hey everyone well first thing I did soon as I got the Deleon was go to the park away from all electric and do an All metal Depth test and a Disc one with the nob still on disc nothing. Both tests by ear came out pretty close now If I used headphones with the All metal I could get another 2 - 2.5 inches easy. So I will post 1 picture since they pretty much were the same. I also have a list of the TID numbers from each piece The picture shows the Gold mens 14k ring shallow and the Silver mens .925 ring the deepest. I am pretty sure you know what each coin is the big silver is 1 troy ounce silver.
TID # list Quarter=95, Dime= 95, Nickle= 35-36, C-penny= 95, Z-penny is 85-78, 1967 Half dollar (40 percent silver)= 95, 44 Mercury Dime= 95, 1 troy ounce silver 95 and wanted to overload it at 4-5 inches, Gold 14k Mens Ring =11-13 and 18-20, Silver ring Mens .925 = 95, Silver Earing= 95. This machine loves silver. I hope this helps some people i couldn't find these online.

Attached File(s)
.jpg  1475887482_Depthtest.jpg (Size: 56.13 KB / Downloads: 10)

Cladjunky From Cleveland Mooning
Makro Racer with 7x11 coil
F75 with 11 inch and 15 inch coil DST
RT6DETECTORS.COM for the best deals!
AT Pinpointer and Lesche 31 inch
10-07-2016, 09:13 PM
RE: Tesoro Deleon RSD 8x11 coil air depth test.
Looks like you're going to be be kicking some @$$ in the near future. I never tested any of my detectors and you're scaring me to death! Chuckle Good luck! Remember, I'll be on a ladder fixing mortar joints all weekend. (Damn It!) Let me know how you do! Next weekend looks great. Let's do it!

Ed

MineLab SE Pro w/11" Pro, 12x10 SEF, 8x6 SEF, Explorer 1000
Garrett AT PRO, w/8.5x11, 5x8, Deteknix Wireless, RnB Recharge (2).
Delta 4000, w/8" concentric, 13" Ultimate, 5x10 DD.
Garrett PP, & Pro Pointer AT.
Leusch, Hori Digger (2), Sampson Ball Handle Shovel.
10-07-2016, 09:58 PM
That was just an air test I still have to master not having a pinpoint button have to do it off the toe. And anytime Ed I'll be off call next weekend so anywhere you wanna hit i'm game. The depth is great and its a well balanced machine since the 8 aa's sit under the arm support. I will be doing a depth test with the 7 inch widescan coil also but I ran alittle short on time USPS misplaced my package till 4:30 pm. It picks up silver hard I hope i hit some this weekend as I learn more about it.

10-08-2016, 01:08 PM
Cool beans! Glad ya got a detector. It looks sweet.
As for pinpointing...when I got my tornado coil for my at pro, I went out and detected. Wasn't sure where the sweet spot was so I had to do the wiggle until it was fading at the tip. I mastered that within a few hours if that and was digging right on top of coin targets up to 10" down. I don't pinpoint anymore unless I'm trying to figure out the size. Haven't even looked yet online where the sweet spot would be for the coil BC I'm doing just fine without it and saving some battery. So I don't think it'll be so hard to get it down, I think you'll "master" it within your first day out. Best of luck out there any happy Hunting!

Zachbl92, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum and detectorist since Nov 2015.
Garret At Pro(12x13, 8.5x11, 5x8, 4.5") Garret At Pinpointer, GG original headphones, Predator Piranha/Little Eagle T shovel, Lesche hand digger.
Button Count FTY: Lost count
10-09-2016, 08:07 PM
Ok 16 hours later I feel I can give more info on the Deleon first off if has bars for each TID (VDI) section that go up or down depending on the Processors Analysis of the metal. A solid 95 with a Full bar in silver/coins means its a copper coin on up I used a size 4 18k ring 3 inches in the ground and found it to be 68-72 with some in tab bar and some in zinc bar, a mens 10k ring is much lower in the teens this is the first detector i have seen with 18k gold showing that high. The recovery is amazing I can sweep it really fast in a trashy area and if my eyes keep up I can see everything it go's over. I use Disc to hunt with the knob on the N in Iron and use the Bar graphs numbers and tone clarity to ID the item. The depth number is a bit off I have noticed its closest in the Middle of the coil but its just easier to pinpoint off the toe and subtract 2-3 inches. its close to 3 pounds but after 16 hours I wasn't even close to tired in the arm or shoulder the 8 battery compartment is under the arm cup so it balances the machine very well. At first I thought I wouldn't like it because no menu's to play with no tones to change just turn it on and go but after using it I can honestly say I can't wait for the next Tesoro to come out with TID or VDI. Depth in the ground around here has been 7-8 inches if i had a headset on I Could easily get 9-12 in all metal but then you lose the display and have to go by tone alone. I would recommend this detector to anyone starting out who wants a semi deep machine without any of the menu hassles.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Tesoro Compadre Malfunction Groundhog 6 1,215 01-21-2016 08:01 PM
Last Post: khouse
  More Depth from Your Pinpointer NjNyDigger 12 1,813 09-13-2015 10:32 PM
Last Post: rockhunter005
  Breathing New Life Into An Older Tesoro Sven TreasureLinx 11 3,798 09-01-2015 10:50 PM
Last Post: sargoguy
  Air test for those crappy days..... drgeorge 2 400 11-24-2014 05:00 PM
Last Post: drgeorge
  Depth Gauges NjNyDigger 5 1,000 10-12-2014 08:04 PM
Last Post: NjNyDigger

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)