The Pile

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-10-2014, 06:42 PM
The Pile
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2014 06:46 PM by NjNyDigger.)
Quote this message in a reply
Every year, I hoard all of my finds in a special finds drawer. I call it The Pile. At the end of the season when winter sets in, and I hang my detector up, I clear out The Pile and sort everything by type. The Pile is growing. Very satisfied. I was thinking about this today...

This pile only represents MAYBE 5 to 10% of what has filled my pouch. The other 90% being trash. A LOT of digging for this pile. This pile has probably taken me about 216 hours to accrue. Here's how I arrived at that number...

I hunt about 12 hours per week, on average. Probably a little more, but, I'll call it 12 hours. That's 48 hours per month. I started hunting in March - 4.5 months to present. 216 hours! Or, the equivalent of detecting non-stop, 24 hours per day, straight through for 9 days. Yep, sometimes I DO think I'm nuts Tongue

Joe

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

NjNyDigger, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since 2013.

[Image: image.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
07-10-2014, 06:49 PM
RE: The Pile
That's quite a pile and a lot of hours.  I wish I could find the time. I might get a chance this weekend.

PittsburghWill, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Jul 2013.
"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men"  Willy Wonka

I've lived. Not always well, but long enough.
07-10-2014, 07:01 PM
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2015 03:11 AM by IndianaBones.)
Man you have quite a pile of goodies. look at all those silver coins. wow.
im afraid to calculate my time spent out in the woods detecting, i do on average 4 hours per day 7 days a week if weather permits . not too many days im not out there detecting. got 5 in yesterday and 5 today, and like you said, whats posted is maybe 5% of the total digs. tons of iron, tons of trash.
07-10-2014, 08:19 PM
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2014 08:20 PM by Ohio Dirt Fisher.)
Ohh hell yes that's a pile! The way you're going you're gonna need a bigger camera or another drawer. I do just the opposite of you Joe. I have everything separated out in chicken and beef bullion jars, spaghetti sauce jars, sour cream and cake icing containers. And cigar boxes for the big stuff. Got a whole antique secretary topped out full of stuff. And one container for Pittsburg Will which I'm filling with old pull tabs I find.Chuckle (Seriously!)

Ed

MineLab SE Pro w/11" Pro, 12x10 SEF, 8x6 SEF, Explorer 1000
Garrett AT PRO, w/8.5x11, 5x8, Deteknix Wireless, RnB Recharge (2).
Delta 4000, w/8" concentric, 13" Ultimate, 5x10 DD.
Garrett PP, & Pro Pointer AT.
Leusch, Hori Digger (2), Sampson Ball Handle Shovel.
07-10-2014, 08:32 PM
WoW!

Nice P I L E of stuff there Joe ;-)

That round object above the Buffalo nickel on the right - is that a Shield nickel??

Love the ring you found recently (and that large cent hiding in the mix)!

Okay - love all the silver too!

HH

MichiganRelicHunter, proud to be a digger since 1977
07-10-2014, 08:40 PM
(07-10-2014 08:19 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote:  Ohh hell yes that's a pile! The way you're going you're gonna need a bigger camera or another drawer. I do just the opposite of you Joe. I have everything separated out in chicken and beef bullion jars, spaghetti sauce jars,  sour cream and cake icing containers. And cigar boxes for the big stuff. Got a whole antique secretary topped out full of stuff. And one container for Pittsburg Will which I'm filling with old pull tabs I find.Chuckle (Seriously!)

Ed

Ha ha.  I love the old pulltabs.  I saw one for sale on eBay. http://m.ebay.com/itm/171382809981?nav=SEARCH

PittsburghWill, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Jul 2013.

07-10-2014, 08:43 PM
(07-10-2014 08:40 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote:  
(07-10-2014 08:19 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote:  Ohh hell yes that's a pile! The way you're going you're gonna need a bigger camera or another drawer. I do just the opposite of you Joe. I have everything separated out in chicken and beef bullion jars, spaghetti sauce jars,  sour cream and cake icing containers. And cigar boxes for the big stuff. Got a whole antique secretary topped out full of stuff. And one container for Pittsburg Will which I'm filling with old pull tabs I find.Chuckle (Seriously!)

Ed

Ha ha.  I love the old pulltabs.  I saw one for sale on eBay. http://m.ebay.com/itm/171382809981?nav=SEARCH

LMFAO if it sells at .99 cents each. im gonna be a millionaire soon ...
07-10-2014, 08:50 PM
Holy crap! Maybe I won't send them to you. I find those damn things all the time. And wheats! Who woulda thought the damn pull tabs were actually worth anything. OMG, I gotta check the pile, I may be more well off than I thought.

MineLab SE Pro w/11" Pro, 12x10 SEF, 8x6 SEF, Explorer 1000
Garrett AT PRO, w/8.5x11, 5x8, Deteknix Wireless, RnB Recharge (2).
Delta 4000, w/8" concentric, 13" Ultimate, 5x10 DD.
Garrett PP, & Pro Pointer AT.
Leusch, Hori Digger (2), Sampson Ball Handle Shovel.
07-10-2014, 09:39 PM
I've dug a lot of pulltabs, but only 1 or 2 of those original type.  I put that listing on watch to see if anyone actually buys it.

07-10-2014, 10:22 PM
At .99 cents each i know i have thrown away 100 bucks of the exact same tabs in the past two months ... 
i`ll be saving my pull tabs now ...too funny .

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  My pile so far this year leo aranza 8 821 07-17-2014 03:05 PM
Last Post: drgeorge
  My silver pile PAunderground 5 557 07-16-2014 08:10 PM
Last Post: Ohio Dirt Fisher
  3 more for the pile NjNyDigger 8 569 06-15-2014 09:25 PM
Last Post: bulletbob

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)