The slow and old Etrac still has tricks up it's sleeve!! Part 2

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Find all posts by this user
02-28-2016, 05:27 PM
The slow and old Etrac still has tricks up it's sleeve!! Part 2
Quote this message in a reply
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNnS7qlI9Wo

khouse, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Feb 2014.
How to set up your detectors!
    Hear it - dig it - see it!
        100% live digs!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFYDdhr...j33uT4bHLA
02-28-2016, 07:04 PM
RE: The slow and old Etrac still has tricks up it's sleeve!! Part 2
I tried that on my SE today at the park. First I had to find a piece of clean ground. I used two screws cause I couldn't find any nails. Anyway, Conductive on the SE is just reversal of the sound. The results were approximately the same with either Ferrous or Conductive. When I turned the sensitivity way down along with the IM (which is how much nulling I want in iron) I got better results for swing over target. But to run sense that low (8) is suicide when against the deep stuff here. For giggles I ran COnductive all afternoon and sense at 12 and did manage to find 3 wheats. One was at around 7" and the remainder above that. I was able to find a lot of shallow clad though.

That's a great video Kenny and I know the Etrac is a different animal but I think what you are showing is what Minelab calls the Etracs "see thru" ability. Although the SE is a silver magnet it can't compare with the discrimination qualities of it's big brother!

Ed/ODF

MineLab SE Pro w/11" Pro, 12x10 SEF, 8x6 SEF, Explorer 1000
Garrett AT PRO, w/8.5x11, 5x8, Deteknix Wireless, RnB Recharge (2).
Delta 4000, w/8" concentric, 13" Ultimate, 5x10 DD.
Garrett PP, & Pro Pointer AT.
Leusch, Hori Digger (2), Sampson Ball Handle Shovel.
02-28-2016, 07:12 PM
RE: The slow and old Etrac still has tricks up it's sleeve!! Part 2
(02-28-2016 07:04 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote:  I tried that on my SE today at the park. First I had to find a piece of clean ground. I used two screws cause I couldn't find any nails. Anyway, Conductive on the SE is just reversal of the sound. The results were approximately the same with either Ferrous or Conductive. When I turned the sensitivity way down along with the IM (which is how much nulling I want in iron) I got better results for swing over target. But to run sense that low (8) is suicide when against the deep stuff here. For giggles I ran COnductive all afternoon and sense at 12 and did manage to find 3 wheats. One was at around 7"  and the remainder above that. I was able to find a lot of shallow clad though.

That's a great video Kenny and I know the Etrac is a different animal but I think what you are showing is what Minelab calls the Etracs "see thru" ability. Although the SE is a silver magnet it can't compare with the discrimination qualities of it's big brother!

Ed/ODF
I don't know anything about the SE.  Sorry it didn't work out.

khouse, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Feb 2014.
How to set up your detectors!
    Hear it - dig it - see it!
        100% live digs!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFYDdhr...j33uT4bHLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Neat Area part 2 Ron (CA) 2 51 11-09-2017 08:47 AM
Last Post: shadeseeker
  Detecting the old shore: Eyeballs vs Etrac RelicMedic 4 336 04-20-2016 07:12 AM
Last Post: RelicMedic
  Troubleshooting Etrac coil issues RelicMedic 1 265 03-04-2016 09:17 AM
Last Post: updownup
  The slow and old Etrac still has tricks up it's sleeve!! khouse 7 455 02-29-2016 09:04 PM
Last Post: khouse
  Etrac coil cover removal RelicMedic 4 262 01-05-2016 08:18 AM
Last Post: RelicMedic

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)