This is GOOD!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-12-2016, 02:01 PM
This is GOOD!
Quote this message in a reply
I commend this town for being in the tiny minority of those with common sense, who actually work hand-in-hand WITH it's residents, not against them. And a monument should be dedicated to the fella who wrote in, requesting the township's rules be amended, so he can enjoy an innocent hobby Yes

This goes to show that a metal detecting organization representing detectorist rights isn't needed. It's nice to have, but not 100% necessary. It just takes us, the detectorists, being vocal enough, putting pen to paper, and fighting these ordinances one-by-one, dealing directly with the powers that be.

As the hobby grows, and our dollars flow, we have a strong base. A strong base is hard to tackle. But it all starts just like the gentleman in the article...

Being fed up enough to take action.

http://www.westofthei.com/2016/03/29/bri...lage-parks

Joe

NjNyDigger, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since 2013.

[Image: image.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
04-12-2016, 08:12 PM
RE: This is GOOD!
Awesome!

Digsit, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Feb 2016.
Remember for the good of the hobby It is better to ask for permission than to beg for forgiveness.
04-12-2016, 08:58 PM
Wow, that was cool, I am happy for them folks.

Bigtony, member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Jan 2015.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-12-2016, 10:50 PM
(04-12-2016 08:58 PM)Bigtony Wrote:  Wow, that was cool, I am happy for them folks.

One angry detectorist, a letter, and some major chutzpah got a town to reverse it's stance on metal detecting. This is HUGE. Some of the national organizations cannot even accomplish this. If I lived in that town, I'd hold a fundraiser for that guy, and help buy him a CTX Yes

Joe

NjNyDigger, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since 2013.

[Image: image.jpg]
04-21-2016, 10:32 PM
Volusia county Florida is restricted aswell. These politicians are NUTS! Keep fighting the rules guys! More parks you are allowed to "look at" I thought parks belonged to the public? Maybe I'm the dummy....
04-22-2016, 10:32 AM
Public parks for detectorist!

Zachbl92, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum and detectorist since Nov 2015.
Garret At Pro(12x13, 8.5x11, 5x8, 4.5") Garret At Pinpointer, GG original headphones, Predator Piranha/Little Eagle T shovel, Lesche hand digger.
Button Count FTY: Lost count
04-22-2016, 01:28 PM
(04-12-2016 02:01 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote:  I commend this town for being in the tiny minority of those with common sense, who actually work hand-in-hand WITH it's residents, not against them. And a monument should be dedicated to the fella who wrote in, requesting the township's rules be amended, so he can enjoy an innocent hobby Yes

This goes to show that a metal detecting organization representing detectorist rights isn't needed. It's nice to have, but not 100% necessary. It just takes us, the detectorists, being vocal enough, putting pen to paper, and fighting these ordinances one-by-one, dealing directly with the powers that be.

As the hobby grows, and our dollars flow, we have a strong base. A strong base is hard to tackle. But it all starts just like the gentleman in the article...

Being fed up enough to take action.

http://www.westofthei.com/2016/03/29/bri...lage-parks

Joe

Nice,good for them!

Thevipermc, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Dec 2015, swinging a garrett ace 200i
04-24-2016, 11:21 AM
Nice work Dallas! Only one stick in the eye on that board. I agree with their assessment about playground equipment. Everybody is lawsuit happy these days. At least once a season the municipality I work in gets tagged with a playground incident. Back in the 60's they would have sited the parents for neglect. Today it's a free for all!

Ed

MineLab SE Pro w/11" Pro, 12x10 SEF, 8x6 SEF, Explorer 1000
Garrett AT PRO, w/8.5x11, 5x8, Deteknix Wireless, RnB Recharge (2).
Delta 4000, w/8" concentric, 13" Ultimate, 5x10 DD.
Garrett PP, & Pro Pointer AT.
Leusch, Hori Digger (2), Sampson Ball Handle Shovel.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)