Tip video #2. Maps + Apps= Cellar hole

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Find all posts by this user
01-25-2016, 02:04 PM
Tip video #2. Maps + Apps= Cellar hole
Quote this message in a reply
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqWd8CiI8iE

RelicMedic, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Nov 2014.
01-25-2016, 08:28 PM
RE: Tip video #2. Maps + Apps= Cellar hole
Thanks for sharing your work, it sounds simple and fun

Bigtony, member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Jan 2015.
01-25-2016, 08:57 PM
Super simple, very fun and extremely productive! Works every time!

01-25-2016, 08:57 PM
RelicMedic, nice video. I have a little experience doing this. Biggest problem is the land down here is privately own, fenced in most the time. I have used the program call Maprika which allows you to overlay map and track your movement with GPS from google maps. By the way, my wife is a Certified Cadastral mapper for Florida. I need to ask her to help me find those spots. But, will still have to obtain permissions. Anyway, thank you so much.

updownup, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Oct 2015.
01-25-2016, 09:01 PM
Great research! I use the USGS maps which I can download from their site on PDF and then compare them to the county assessor's maps and aerials from 1952, which is as far as they go back here. I don't over do it as there are so many and it takes so long to ID at least a few that may do well for detecting. Or, in other words, what's on public land I can detect on and what's not. Surprisingly I've found a few I can hunt. And it turns out to be a rewarding experience sometimes. Thanks for the info!

Ed

MineLab SE Pro w/11" Pro, 12x10 SEF, 8x6 SEF, Explorer 1000
Garrett AT PRO, w/8.5x11, 5x8, Deteknix Wireless, RnB Recharge (2).
Delta 4000, w/8" concentric, 13" Ultimate, 5x10 DD.
Garrett PP, & Pro Pointer AT.
Leusch, Hori Digger (2), Sampson Ball Handle Shovel.
01-25-2016, 09:47 PM
(This post was last modified: 01-25-2016 09:48 PM by RelicMedic.)
(01-25-2016 08:57 PM)updownup Wrote:  RelicMedic, nice video. I have a little experience doing this. Biggest problem is the land down here is privately own, fenced in most the time. I have used the program call Maprika which allows you to overlay map and track your movement with GPS from google maps. By the way, my wife is a Certified Cadastral mapper for Florida. I need to ask her to help me find those spots. But, will still have to obtain permissions. Anyway, thank you so much.

I use Maprika as well. Accurate to less than 10'! Can't beat that! My next tip video is on asking permission . It seems to be a widely talked about topic amongst new detectorists, so I want to give a little blurb on that. I have pretty good luck with it. Geez yeah, if your wife is a cadastral mapper, she would be the one to ask about it!! I still have to get permission as well. That's why I didn't say that I'm going back there as soon as the snow melts. I don't have permission. Luckily, I know the guy who owns all of that land, so permission should be easy Happy

(01-25-2016 09:01 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote:  Great research! I use the USGS maps which I can download from their site on PDF and then compare them to the county assessor's maps and aerials from 1952, which is as far as they go back here. I don't over do it as there are so many and it takes so long to ID at least a few that may do well for detecting. Or, in other words, what's on public land I can detect on and what's not. Surprisingly I've found a few I can hunt. And it turns out to be a rewarding experience sometimes. Thanks for the info!

Ed

You guys have an awesome system for research! We don't have that option up here. Gotta take the long way around lol.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Metal Detecting Canada- The cellar hole search RelicMedic 3 167 04-05-2017 09:19 PM
Last Post: Ohio Dirt Fisher
  Buttons at the cartwheel hole RelicMedic 5 614 03-22-2016 09:17 PM
Last Post: RelicMedic
  Cellar hole hunt cut short RelicMedic 0 202 03-03-2016 10:05 PM
  Tip video #1. Recognizing old sites RelicMedic 4 668 01-21-2016 04:00 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)