Today's windy cold hunt, ok day.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Find all posts by this user
11-20-2016, 02:58 PM
Today's windy cold hunt, ok day.
(This post was last modified: 11-20-2016 03:02 PM by Zachbl92.)
Quote this message in a reply
Started at the usual spot if it's before 9...got the musketballs, shell of a old 18c buckle and the dandy button. It's a bit decorative but it's bent and cut. Owell. Other finds through out the day are 2 flatties, a bullet and a weird small odd button I believe. Idk. And the lock which idk how old it is. Early 1900s I guess. Need a electrolysis machine.
But anyway, Ended up going to 3 other fields throughout the day and got the rest. Was very disappointed in 2 of the fields. First time in one and 2nd time in the other. It's never been detected during the day since he's been there since 1977. And it's a super old area. Same area the weights came out of. Early 1600s. House is 1730. But idk. Didn't get my coil over the goodies today I guess. Last field I called it quits. Another 1700 house that's torn down with a field. No targets for me but james got a couple keepers from there.
Detected about 5 hours total between talking and eating and stuff. Didn't sleep well last night so I'm off for a nap....thanks for looking and hh.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Zachbl92, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum and detectorist since Nov 2015.
Garret At Pro(12x13, 8.5x11, 5x8, 4.5") Garret At Pinpointer, GG original headphones, Predator Piranha/Little Eagle T shovel, Lesche hand digger.
Button Count FTY: Lost count
11-20-2016, 03:09 PM
RE: Today's windy cold hunt, ok day.
Zach, you did well again. Congratulations on those cool relics. Enjoy the nap!

Bigtony, member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Jan 2015.
11-20-2016, 04:28 PM
You got out for 5 hours a treasure in its self in this busy world. Gratz on no frostbite and some good finds.

Cladjunky From Cleveland Mooning
Makro Racer with 7x11 coil
F75 with 11 inch and 15 inch coil DST
RT6DETECTORS.COM for the best deals!
AT Pinpointer and Lesche 31 inch
11-20-2016, 04:30 PM
You can't find a banner find every time out , the finds you did make look good to me. Like I said earlier I wouldn't have even been out in the weather you described , I bow to your dedication.
  I always like to see the buttons.
  Have a great nap and I hope to see more of those great finds soon.
Pat

Digsit, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Feb 2016.
Remember for the good of the hobby It is better to ask for permission than to beg for forgiveness.
11-20-2016, 05:49 PM
Cool finds none the less! 5 hours is a lot in this weather. Got out for 3 hours today with the bigger coil in the woods and found nothing of major concern, except for a long handled Gorham 18/8 Stainless Teaspoon. (Don't ask me, I'm clueless on that one!) And shotgun headstamps. So you did pretty good. Have a nice nap!

Ed

MineLab SE Pro w/11" Pro, 12x10 SEF, 8x6 SEF, Explorer 1000
Garrett AT PRO, w/8.5x11, 5x8, Deteknix Wireless, RnB Recharge (2).
Delta 4000, w/8" concentric, 13" Ultimate, 5x10 DD.
Garrett PP, & Pro Pointer AT.
Leusch, Hori Digger (2), Sampson Ball Handle Shovel.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-20-2016, 08:27 PM
Good looking haul Yes Is there a lot of modern junk with in with the finds, or is it mostly all dated stuff?

Feel blessed you live in the southern part of the state, Zach, where urban development has been much slower to encroach upon. You're in a prime location, but you're also disciplined and have excellent technique, which, when all comes together is like a grand slam Wink

NjNyDigger, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since 2013.

[Image: image.jpg]
11-20-2016, 11:33 PM
Your outing today may not have been a big success by your standards, but I think you did OK. Most of us would love to find musketballs and neat old buttons. And you got to do a little sampling of several fields. Just a matter of time til you hit the good stuff again. Meantime, thanks for the pics.

shadeseeker, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Oct 2015.
11-21-2016, 09:31 AM
Thanks all! Yeah, I know, some of you may be happy with just the buttons and bullets. And I still do get excited and happy and am grateful to have it! I just like finding new stuff and doing research or finding coins. I like cooooooins! I know it can't happen everytime I go out, so it's all good in the...Fields.
As for trash, some fields have been rich with history and off from roads or off from the house. So not much trash at all besides tractor parts. 9/10 if it's a good solid signal, it's a good target.
Other fields do have trash, but mostly 20 feet in from the sides and the occasional piece throughout the field.
Other fields have it scattered all over but not to much.
I've been in maybe 2 dozen fields now and I've not been in one where it's been littered all over, everywhere.
Either way, I usually dig the cans so I don't come across the signal anymore and to clean it up and sometimes it's not a can. The broken sound it gives on my at pro, I know. But a coin on its edge or sometimes a 2 piece button on its side and other weird stuff will give the same audio. So you never completely know.

Zachbl92, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum and detectorist since Nov 2015.
Garret At Pro(12x13, 8.5x11, 5x8, 4.5") Garret At Pinpointer, GG original headphones, Predator Piranha/Little Eagle T shovel, Lesche hand digger.
Button Count FTY: Lost count
11-23-2016, 07:26 PM
Nice old finds Zach. I just put together an electrolysis machine last week. It's very simple. You tube has some good videos on how to make one.
Gerry

Gerry F, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Feb 2014.
11-24-2016, 08:59 AM
Nice finds. I like to find musket balls. I have only found a couple. Darn wished the buckle would have been in better shape. That's ok, there is another one out there waiting for you. Happy

updownup, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Oct 2015.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  F75 out in the cold Cladjunky 10 544 01-17-2017 08:47 PM
Last Post: Zachbl92
  Cold day detecting but had fun Bigtony 13 509 12-05-2016 01:09 PM
Last Post: Bigtony
  Decided to do a short hunt in the rain today + finds from earlier this week Zachbl92 10 659 11-13-2016 04:13 PM
Last Post: leo aranza
  Park Hunt with Ed on a perfect day! Cladjunky 10 598 09-08-2016 08:15 AM
Last Post: updownup
  Momorial day hunt scott demont 7 1,024 06-02-2016 06:57 PM
Last Post: Sven TreasureLinx

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)