Vanadium? & SWEET 14K

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Find all posts by this user
04-20-2016, 08:49 PM
Vanadium? & SWEET 14K
Quote this message in a reply
This is the 8th time I've been through this area where I found all those silver rings. I knew if I could eliminate the silver, clad and trash, there might be more. And I'm finding that this works!! Covering ground there is pretty easy but it's a long walk, both ways. I'm liking Ferrous tones more and more!

The class ring is a Walmart special from Keystone and marked VAL for Vanadium. What the hell is Vanadium?? No initials on the inside or school markings on the outside, except class of 1994. Didn't pass the 10 through 14K acid test or the silver test. So it's very pretty junk that somebody lost.

However, the Frederic Goldman, 9.8 gram, 14K wedding band, passed the test with flying colors! No initials or name on that one either.

And I don't know how to describe this, but there is no hanging from trees and whooping it up and yelling. I just say quietly to myself, "Nice!", and slip it in my pocket.

Have fun out there and HAPPY HUNTING!

I'm sure HAPPY!

Ed

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

MineLab SE Pro w/11" Pro, 12x10 SEF, 8x6 SEF, Explorer 1000
Garrett AT PRO, w/8.5x11, 5x8, Deteknix Wireless, RnB Recharge (2).
Delta 4000, w/8" concentric, 13" Ultimate, 5x10 DD.
Garrett PP, & Pro Pointer AT.
Leusch, Hori Digger (2), Sampson Ball Handle Shovel.
04-20-2016, 09:08 PM
RE: Vanadium? & SWEET 14K
Ed congratulations on the Rings! Especially the 14K sweet! Where ever and what ever its working. Keep up the good work.

updownup, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Oct 2015.
04-20-2016, 10:01 PM
Good job Ed! What??? No swinging from trees??? I'd pay good money to see you swinging on a limb, yelling "color in the hole" while wearing your Treasure Classifieds t-shirt!!!

RelicMedic, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Nov 2014.
04-20-2016, 10:57 PM
Thumbs Up RE: Vanadium? & SWEET 14K
(This post was last modified: 04-20-2016 10:57 PM by bulletbob.)
Congratulations on the rings Ed !!

proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Aug 2013.
04-20-2016, 11:38 PM
Vanadium is a chemical element with symbol V and atomic number 23. It is a hard, silvery grey, ductile and malleable transition metal. The element is found almost exclusively in chemically combined form in nature, but once isolated artificially, the formation of an oxide layer stabilizes the free metal somewhat against further oxidation.

In other words Ed , a ring is a ring. Besides it looks good in the collection and it beats sitting at home.

I have 3 best friends. Their names are Ace 350 , AT Pro ,  and a Fisher F 75 but I like people too.
04-21-2016, 02:05 AM
(04-20-2016 08:49 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote:  This is the 8th time I've been through this area where I found all those silver rings. I knew if I could eliminate the silver, clad and trash, there might be more. And I'm finding that this works!! Covering ground there is pretty easy but it's a long walk, both ways. I'm liking Ferrous tones more and more!

The class ring is a Walmart special from Keystone and marked VAL for Vanadium. What the hell is Vanadium?? No initials on the inside or school markings on the outside, except class of 1994. Didn't pass the 10 through 14K acid test or the silver test. So it's very pretty junk that somebody lost.

However, the Frederic Goldman, 9.8 gram, 14K wedding band,  passed the test with flying colors! No initials or name on that one either.

And I don't know how to describe this, but there is no hanging from trees and whooping it up and yelling. I just say quietly to myself, "Nice!", and slip it in my pocket.

Have fun out there and HAPPY HUNTING!

I'm sure HAPPY!

Ed

Nice gold! Gl and hh!

Thevipermc, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Dec 2015, swinging a garrett ace 200i
04-21-2016, 07:56 AM
(04-20-2016 10:01 PM)RelicMedic Wrote:  Good job Ed!  What???  No swinging from trees???  I'd pay good money to see you swinging on a limb, yelling "color in the hole" while wearing your Treasure Classifieds t-shirt!!!

I second that , you gotta post a video of you swinging from a limb , it would be awesome.
   But on a serious note great job on the rings.
Pat

Digsit, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Feb 2016.
Remember for the good of the hobby It is better to ask for permission than to beg for forgiveness.
04-21-2016, 08:55 AM
Congratulations on a couple of very nice rings found.

Detecting is more than a hobby, it is a passion
04-21-2016, 10:23 AM
Killer ODF, now you only need about ten more pounds of the yellow stuff. Congrats!

I use a minelab SE pro!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-21-2016, 10:26 AM
Had me fooled! I thought it was gold upon first glance, but those acid tests are pretty damn accurate. And I now know what Vanadium is Chuckle I found 3 "gold" rings recently...all fools gold, lol. But the momentary excitement & rush is worth being punked Yes Swinging from trees? You need to stop watching those detecting shows on tv, they will FRY YOUR BRAIN Wink

Joe

NjNyDigger, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since 2013.

[Image: image.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Real NICE 14K Class Ring! I think I found the owner! Ohio Dirt Fisher 7 628 04-11-2017 06:52 PM
Last Post: Ohio Dirt Fisher
  14k smile updownup 11 540 11-27-2016 12:16 PM
Last Post: Ohio Dirt Fisher
  Sweet car and some extras Zachbl92 13 830 06-27-2016 05:34 PM
Last Post: Zachbl92
  SWEET MILITARY BUTTON scott demont 6 866 05-15-2016 01:03 PM
Last Post: Bigtony
  sweet first signal scott demont 9 636 12-15-2015 02:33 PM
Last Post: Bigtony

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)