Video Software!!!!????

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Find all posts by this user
08-13-2016, 08:50 PM
Video Software!!!!????
Quote this message in a reply
I bought the Cyberlink PowerDirector 14 Software on July 3rd and put together some real small vids for display on Youtube. Just as a kinda look see and get used to the controls. It took a little getting used to but I was getting real comfortable with it because of its ease of use and features, which blow youtube video editing software out of the water.

Well, guess what? Now it's not working. I'm actually in the process of uninstalling and reinstalling it right now as I write this. That video of the control panel repair I did with youtube editor. And let me tell you something. IT SUCKS! It's slower than molasses in January and not very intuitive. And has a lot of stuff lacking way behind what I found on my software.

So any suggestions you guys have, please let me know. And I'll let you know how this reinstall went. I've been frustrated enough today. I really need to get a punching bag.Thanks!

Ed/ODF

MineLab SE Pro w/11" Pro, 12x10 SEF, 8x6 SEF, Explorer 1000
Garrett AT PRO, w/8.5x11, 5x8, Deteknix Wireless, RnB Recharge (2).
Delta 4000, w/8" concentric, 13" Ultimate, 5x10 DD.
Garrett PP, & Pro Pointer AT.
Leusch, Hori Digger (2), Sampson Ball Handle Shovel.
08-13-2016, 09:12 PM
RE: Video Software!!!!????
Ed, all that software/tech stuff is over my head, so I can't offer any advice. I do hope you get things working quickly though because I want to check out your videos. Your early ones were very good and I'd love to see some enhanced clips of your hunts and techniques.

shadeseeker, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Oct 2015.
08-14-2016, 01:40 AM
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2016 01:52 AM by Ohio Dirt Fisher.)
(08-13-2016 09:12 PM)shadeseeker Wrote:  Ed, all that software/tech stuff is over my head, so I can't offer any advice. I do hope you get things working quickly though because I want to check out your videos. Your early ones were very good and I'd love to see some enhanced clips of your hunts and techniques.

Thanks and I know. Me too. Trashed the CyberLink and went with Filmora from Wondershare. BOOM! Video . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMHy6o0x-5A Very easy UI. About the same time to fiddle with and upload, but for a newbie to video was just as easy, if not more so than CyberLink Premier Director 14. It takes some experience with all the buttons and such for a novice to get used to, so if you aren't familiar with where stuff should be and how it works, well, you eventually get there. It'll drive you crazy at first but over time, it equals out. There have been many times in the past where I was about to put a bullet, or two, in the travesty they first plied upon us as working machine and software.

Take my word for it. I used to build Frankenstein's from the board up back in the eighties. Then they got so cheap and fast that it was easier to just buy the damn box.

I've got a mid line Cybertron with a fairly sophisticated Foxconn mother. Big CPU. 4 years old and putz now for gaming. Gets really hot because the fans are low grade. Got to upgrade. Crap. You can buy a behemoth with 4 times the power and stuff now for about a 1/4 more than what I paid for this "checkbook management" box.

All depends on what you want. I want speed and utility.

Ed

ps....But I think you don't know what I'm talking about. You'll learn. These machines, like everything else, are outpacing us. And you may not have heard of it, but quantum computing is about 12 years down the road to a box. That's AI Shade. It'll be telling those people what to do next if they can't think for themselves.

MineLab SE Pro w/11" Pro, 12x10 SEF, 8x6 SEF, Explorer 1000
Garrett AT PRO, w/8.5x11, 5x8, Deteknix Wireless, RnB Recharge (2).
Delta 4000, w/8" concentric, 13" Ultimate, 5x10 DD.
Garrett PP, & Pro Pointer AT.
Leusch, Hori Digger (2), Sampson Ball Handle Shovel.
08-14-2016, 03:21 PM
I'm glad you got some software to work , I was thinking if you were getting that frustrated maybe you needed to do something to relax. Maybe swinging a coil and digging some holes....
    I am looking forward to your videos , I hope they are as good as your descriptive writing style.
Pat

Digsit, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Feb 2016.
Remember for the good of the hobby It is better to ask for permission than to beg for forgiveness.
08-15-2016, 09:48 AM
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2016 09:49 AM by updownup.)
Enjoyed the video of your repair. Sorry it did not resolve the issues. Glad you found some decent video editing tools. I have used wondershare to create some family dvds with just pictures and music, not videos. But that worked good. Sounds like you are savvy with computers. I'm familiar with this too. I have been building them for my family for years. However, like you said, you can find comparable machine already built. I normally go with a gaming rig, since they have the power to do it all. Ibuypower is a nice place to get super computers for a fair price.

Seems like your firmware is corrupt, wondering if totally letting it discharge would correct it. Or if there is away to do a hard reset. I would try, holding a combination of buttons down while sliding the battery in. This would be using the system that has been flashed from factory.

Wonder how minelab flashes the board? You wouldn't be able to get file anyway so it doesn't matter. Wish they were more like motherboards, cameras and cell phones. Making a updated version to their software. With a buying beware. As we know flashing bios can be the end.

You deserve a new machine, and I'm sure Deb would want you to get one too.

Best if luck, and thanks for capturing.

updownup, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Oct 2015.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)