Weekend Finds - Part Deux

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-13-2013, 10:19 PM
Weekend Finds - Part Deux
Quote this message in a reply
Met up with Fluke and his two sons, AJ & Nick, this morning. We hunted together till about 10, then Fluke had to leave. After taking a break for an hour, met up with another friend in the same spot. 

I scored 2 mercs today - 1920 & 1945, an engraved sterling horoscope charm, a pocket watch & about 12 wheats. For the second time in weeks...

After getting a great silver signal, I dig a plug & scoop out some dirt. I immediately see a gold clasp in the hole. With visions of sugarplums dancing in my head, I reach in and pull it out. Unfortunately, there was no chain attached...but it's 14k. Good for the scrap gold pile.

Yesterday, there were quite a few other detectorists hunting our silver park when we were. We've never seen these guys before. We quickly noticed they were using Ames shovels to dig plugs...IN A CITY PARK! We let them be & gave them their space. However, when Fluke & I returned to the park this morning, we were seething. These assholes left the messiest digs I've ever seen. Giant plugs not put correctly back in the holes, dirt strewn 3 feet on each side of the plugs, etc. Next time no speak, we simply chase them from the spot Punch

Finally, in one of those stranger than fiction moments, I learned that Fluke's son Nick & I share the same birthday...crazy!

Joe

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

NjNyDigger, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since 2013.

[Image: image.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
10-13-2013, 11:24 PM
RE: Weekend Finds - Part Deux
Nice finds. A little gold clasp gave a silver signal? Sorry to hear about the big. shovel guys. They give us all a bad name. They probably watch that Savage show.

PittsburghWill, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Jul 2013.
"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men"  Willy Wonka

I've lived. Not always well, but long enough.
10-13-2013, 11:29 PM
Joe,

Nice finds. Two weeks ago I was detecting and found a Ames shovel under some leaves. Still new with sticker still on the shovel, but rusty.

proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Aug 2013.
10-14-2013, 12:45 AM
Joe, You are on a silver roll!!  Keep it going!
10-14-2013, 06:57 AM
(10-13-2013 11:24 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote:  Nice finds.  A little gold clasp gave a silver signal?  Sorry to hear about the big. shovel guys.  They give us all a bad name.  They probably watch that Savage show.

No, forgot to add that there turned out being a wheatie in the hole...which on Minelabs sound exactly like silver. The clasp didn't register at all. Same story as the ring I got 2 weeks ago. If it wasn't for the wheat, would've never dug the clasp.

Joe

NjNyDigger, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since 2013.

[Image: image.jpg]
10-14-2013, 10:09 AM
(10-14-2013 06:57 AM)NjNyDigger Wrote:  
(10-13-2013 11:24 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote:  Nice finds.  A little gold clasp gave a silver signal?  Sorry to hear about the big. shovel guys.  They give us all a bad name.  They probably watch that Savage show.

No, forgot to add that there turned out being a wheatie in the hole...which on Minelabs sound exactly like silver. The clasp didn't register at all. Same story as the ring I got 2 weeks ago. If it wasn't for the wheat, would've never dug the clasp.

Joe

Oh I thought you had some magical detector that saw gold and silver the same. That would be sweet.

PittsburghWill, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Jul 2013.
"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men"  Willy Wonka

I've lived. Not always well, but long enough.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Civic Holiday Weekend Hunts Sven TreasureLinx 5 67 08-09-2017 12:36 PM
Last Post: ohioturkeyhunter
  Different Part of a newer field yields....! Zachbl92 9 506 12-11-2016 07:07 PM
Last Post: updownup
  REAL, Chinese Coin, Powder Flask and Buckle Part Ron (CA) 11 3,251 11-26-2016 08:52 PM
Last Post: Namvetles
  Twins came to visit this weekend! Cladjunky 8 286 11-14-2016 08:51 PM
Last Post: Riverteamsixdetectors
  Lakefront weekend in November! Cladjunky 15 662 11-12-2016 12:47 AM
Last Post: NjNyDigger

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)