What kind of carry pouches do you use & why?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Find all posts by this user
02-25-2014, 07:44 PM
What kind of carry pouches do you use & why?
(This post was last modified: 02-25-2014 07:45 PM by Ohio Dirt Fisher.)
Quote this message in a reply
I started this hobby with a large hiking fanny pack with water bottle storage, moved to a Walmart belt/sling pouch, (used with belt) no water storage, which I had to modify to stiffen it up at the base and back, and just ordered a shoulder sling pack that's a copy of the UTG Leapers tactical messenger bag which slings diagonally over the body with water bottle storage. I found that the waist pack was too small, the belt pack still a little small and not enough pockets for when your out in shorts and a T, so I'm hoping that this works. I know a couple of fella's here use those carpenter tool pouches but I get pretty far from the truck at times and like to pack a can of sardines or such for a snack as well as batteries, flashlight, camera, smokes, cigars, lighter, eye loop, phone etc'....

What do you guys use? Pics would be great!!! THANKS!

MineLab SE Pro w/11" Pro, 12x10 SEF, 8x6 SEF, Explorer 1000
Garrett AT PRO, w/8.5x11, 5x8, Deteknix Wireless, RnB Recharge (2).
Delta 4000, w/8" concentric, 13" Ultimate, 5x10 DD.
Garrett PP, & Pro Pointer AT.
Leusch, Hori Digger (2), Sampson Ball Handle Shovel.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-25-2014, 08:03 PM
RE: What kind of carry pouches do you use & why?
You're asking the wrong guy, lol. I try to carry as little as possible when I hunt. Heck, tooling around a Minelab, knee pads, pinpointer & lesche for 6 or 7 hours becomes like an endurance contest. Especially when I was smoking (still off the butts after a week!). 

I use one of those cheapies I got from Kellyco years ago. It's got a couple of little side pockets for batteries, money, etc., but, I like it cause it's light. And durable. It's made from a heavy canvas material. Cleans off good, too.

I used to hunt with a guy that had a real nice leather carpenters type pouch, like you mentioned. He kept his smokes in there, there was even a holster for his pinpointer. I always wanted to upgrade to one of them, however, just never got around to it.

Interesting question. Let's see what everyone is using Cool

Joe

NjNyDigger, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since 2013.

[Image: image.jpg]
02-25-2014, 08:08 PM
That reminds me...

I'm ALWAYS forgetting to bring something on my hunts. I'm like the king of forgetfulness. I've forgotten my pouch numerous times, and aside from knee pads, I think that's the worst thing to leave behind. I dig a lot of very iffy, deep signals, ie; a TON of iron. So, I've had to carry around a stupid plastic shopping bag to put my trash in more times than I can count. And look like some type of homeless person searching for loose change in a park. Haha!

Joe

02-25-2014, 08:18 PM
Well depends on where I am detecting if its out in the boonies I use a big pouch like the camo garret one and have a small bag for the good stuff.
If I am going to be close to the house or car I will use a smaller pouch like a treasure wise one go to the car to empty.

Steveo, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Jun 2013.
02-25-2014, 10:33 PM
When Im going light, I use a $2 ACE hardware nail apron. Hiking in boonies,I carry a backpack too...I have like 6,lol. Small little REI daypack most the time,but when going overnight or when prospecting I grab a bigger one. Ray

My empire of dirt.
02-25-2014, 10:37 PM
(02-25-2014 10:33 PM)deathray Wrote:  Small little REI daypack most the time,but when going overnight or when prospecting I grab a bigger one. Ray

Ray, my buddy, my paisan! Let me give you a little helpful advice...

It's not the size, it's what you do with it, that counts Tongue

Joe

02-25-2014, 10:37 PM
I use the Garrett pouch.  When I'm out in the desert I have a light backpack that holds a hydration pack inside.  Like Joe, the less shit to carry, the better.  When I first started I carried everything. Lesche, full size shovel etc.

SLCdigger, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Oct 2013.
02-26-2014, 09:40 PM
Cargo pants/shorts and a backpack. Holds everything I need and hauls out the junk. Joe was talking about forgetting things. I forgot my headphones once. I won't do that again.

PittsburghWill, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Jul 2013.
"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men"  Willy Wonka

I've lived. Not always well, but long enough.
03-05-2014, 07:37 AM
(This post was last modified: 03-05-2014 07:38 AM by Dak.)
Everything sits in one of the childrens retired camo backpack.  All ready to travel.  Grab the detector and shovel.  
Only thing missing right now?  SPRING

NyNj good to hear you are still off the smokes. Good for you man.

Dak, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Aug 2013.
03-09-2014, 11:13 PM
I use a military ammo cartridge pack that I have mounted on a gun belt along with my Lesche hand digger - it's not very big but has 3 separate pouches for good/bad finds

1 large for the junk - 1 small for better finds and another small where I keep my small plastic tackle type box for the really good stuff

If you've ever seen NuggitNoggin's videos - it's the same thing he wears/uses in the field. I think AquaChigger uses the same style as seen in his vids too.

I like to travel light but I also have a camel pack/backpack that I keep 1st aid, water bottle, extra batts, extra fold-up shovel, bug spray, tape, tools, rope, etc. in - I keep it in the truck and take into the field if need be (on long hikes, etc.).

MichiganRelicHunter, proud to be a digger since 1977

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Different Kind of Hunting NjNyDigger 4 345 05-26-2014 01:51 PM
Last Post: NjNyDigger

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)