Wheats & GS Snap Button

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Find all posts by this user
06-18-2016, 12:33 PM
Wheats & GS Snap Button
Quote this message in a reply
Went back to that area of woods I found the spill from my last post twice now. On the first trip I found the two wheats at the top of the photo about 1 foot apart. On the second trip I found the three wheats and a Girl Scout snap button essentially in the same plug area about 8 inches in diameter and about 50 feet from the first two wheats. So this is interesting to me because the snap button I believe was from a Girl Scout coin keeper. Thrift being one of their "mottos". I circled that area for a good 2 hours with nothing other than shotgun headstamps, a brass rifle casing and a whole lot of nails, not shown. Amazingly I found no tin foil or rusted cans, and I dug a lot of iron chirp just to see what it was. So they either cleaned the place up pretty good and took it with them or this was a field trip.

Anyway I don't think that spill and the previous one is related, because I did find a lot of tin foil from that spot. And this area that I'm posting today is a good 200 yards from that area. Real head scratcher. But a lot of fun trying to figure it out for sure!

Have fun out there guys and gals and HAPPY HUNTING!

Ed/ODF

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

MineLab SE Pro w/11" Pro, 12x10 SEF, 8x6 SEF, Explorer 1000
Garrett AT PRO, w/8.5x11, 5x8, Deteknix Wireless, RnB Recharge (2).
Delta 4000, w/8" concentric, 13" Ultimate, 5x10 DD.
Garrett PP, & Pro Pointer AT.
Leusch, Hori Digger (2), Sampson Ball Handle Shovel.
06-18-2016, 04:50 PM
RE: Wheats & GS Snap Button
That's a pretty nice wheat harvest . I agree sometimes finds just make you wonder how they got to that spot.
   Very hot and barely any rain , I may have to take a drive and do some water hunting....
HH
Pat

Digsit, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Feb 2016.
Remember for the good of the hobby It is better to ask for permission than to beg for forgiveness.
06-18-2016, 08:28 PM
Ed, cool digs. Those whet cents have dates close to 1940. Funny that there wasn't a silver. Oh well good luck next outing.

Bigtony, member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Jan 2015.
06-19-2016, 10:33 PM
That's too cool Ed how your racking your head on this spot .. Nice little wheat spill budYes

Detecting is more than a hobby, it is a passion
06-20-2016, 11:39 PM
Thanks to all! My days are filled with wonder at how all this stuff gets somehow right there where my coil and my determination find it. Figuring it out is another matter, but that too is the fun part. Happy Hunting you guys and gals, wherever you are!

Ed

MineLab SE Pro w/11" Pro, 12x10 SEF, 8x6 SEF, Explorer 1000
Garrett AT PRO, w/8.5x11, 5x8, Deteknix Wireless, RnB Recharge (2).
Delta 4000, w/8" concentric, 13" Ultimate, 5x10 DD.
Garrett PP, & Pro Pointer AT.
Leusch, Hori Digger (2), Sampson Ball Handle Shovel.
06-22-2016, 06:31 PM
That's a decent handful of Wheaties Ed!

RelicMedic, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Nov 2014.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  1600s again with a small button button Zachbl92 9 509 11-19-2016 08:26 PM
Last Post: Cladjunky
  Super tiny Great seal snap button - WWI or WWII IndianaBones 4 537 11-24-2014 09:17 PM
Last Post: IndianaBones
  Civil war button gold gilt "A" artillery button IndianaBones 3 1,767 11-12-2014 08:08 PM
  Civil war button block "i" infantry button . IndianaBones 1 1,138 11-12-2014 05:14 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)