Wheats, V, Buff, Tokens

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Find all posts by this user
03-26-2016, 09:14 PM
Wheats, V, Buff, Tokens
(This post was last modified: 03-26-2016 09:22 PM by Ohio Dirt Fisher.)
Quote this message in a reply
Been getting out about an hour after work everyday since the 21st, except today where I could sleep in and have some time to detect in the afternoon. Those boxed items in the main pic I got as change from the change tray after paying for one of those rubber breakfast sandwiches on the way to work. Found the brass ring, two wheats, the orchestra pin and the Palmolive (circa 1930-1938) and amusement tokens at the same location the last two days. I skipped Wednesday. Too tired. Today got zilch except for a spot I hit that had to be a fairly long pull off/parking area back in the day. Got the toasted wheat first, (After tromping around in the woods for 2 hours), and then about 5 minutes later got the 1907 V. Re-swept the hole and got another 10-07 solid mid tone and up turns the no date Buff. Well, no silver to report but all in all it was a pretty good 4 day session as I hit one area I've been through before twice and tried two new areas. The toasted wheat was a real surprise to me and I hammered the area after the 2 nickels, but to no avail.

Have FUN out there and HAPPY HUNTING!!!!!

And HAPPY EASTER to everyone! I'm playing Soo Chef for the woman for a 3PM family dinner and detecting is VERBOTEN!

Ed/ODF

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

MineLab SE Pro w/11" Pro, 12x10 SEF, 8x6 SEF, Explorer 1000
Garrett AT PRO, w/8.5x11, 5x8, Deteknix Wireless, RnB Recharge (2).
Delta 4000, w/8" concentric, 13" Ultimate, 5x10 DD.
Garrett PP, & Pro Pointer AT.
Leusch, Hori Digger (2), Sampson Ball Handle Shovel.
03-26-2016, 09:22 PM
RE: Wheats, V, Buff, Tokens
Glad to see you're still getting at it Ed YesYes and some sweet finds too. I like the ring and obviously the buffalo and v nickle! I still need to find my firsts!

Zachbl92, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum and detectorist since Nov 2015.
Garret At Pro(12x13, 8.5x11, 5x8, 4.5") Garret At Pinpointer, GG original headphones, Predator Piranha/Little Eagle T shovel, Lesche hand digger.
Button Count FTY: Lost count
03-26-2016, 09:43 PM
Very neat tokens! Good score on the buff and V too!

RelicMedic, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Nov 2014.
03-26-2016, 09:51 PM
Nice Ed Yes

MichiganRelicHunter, proud to be a digger since 1977
03-27-2016, 08:01 AM
Tokens are a rare treat, I like digging them almost as much as I like digging silver. Good job!!

Dan(NM), proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Mar 2015.
03-27-2016, 02:16 PM
Great finds. I love the old nickels.

PittsburghWill, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Jul 2013.
"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men"  Willy Wonka

I've lived. Not always well, but long enough.
03-27-2016, 11:41 PM
Hey Ed great days even with no silver to add to the count. Good to see your getting some detecting time throughout your busy jobs. HH

Detecting is more than a hobby, it is a passion
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-29-2016, 07:22 AM
Nice finds, Ed. Believe it or not, I've never pulled one of those Palmolive tokens, but it's on my wishlist of cool items to snag, along with a 3 Merry Widows tin, which everyone serms to find, but I never can. I think you're going to have a strong season, if the early success is any indicator Yes

Joe

NjNyDigger, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since 2013.

[Image: image.jpg]
03-29-2016, 11:26 AM
Ed, you crack me up. " Rubber sandwich " you are spot on with your verbiage. You not only share pictures of you finds but provide such details describing your adventure. You are a perfectionist in some areas and you know where to direct this thoroughly attention. I really enjoy and appreciate your post. You're like the morning paper, or good book. We look forward to reading your columns. Hope you find thousands of interesting items this would be such a blessing to us all. Congratulations on the finds, not the sandwich. Lol. Good luck and happy hunting Ed. Thanks again brother.

updownup, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Oct 2015.
03-29-2016, 09:48 PM
Cool finds Ed. You never cease to amaze.

I have 3 best friends. Their names are Ace 350 , AT Pro ,  and a Fisher F 75 but I like people too.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  #40, Silver ID Bracelet, Wheats & a Buff!!! Ohio Dirt Fisher 3 166 09-16-2017 09:30 AM
Last Post: Digsit
  Buff, Jeff, Rosie, Bottle and a Bell! Ohio Dirt Fisher 7 538 10-13-2016 07:59 PM
Last Post: Ohio Dirt Fisher
  #51, Buff and Bullets Galore! Ohio Dirt Fisher 6 728 09-26-2016 04:13 PM
Last Post: Zachbl92
  Tokens & 1 foreign coin from the last month or so. Ohio Dirt Fisher 6 472 12-13-2015 09:28 PM
Last Post: RelicMedic
  #83>85!! Mercs, V, Buff! Ohio Dirt Fisher 12 708 11-25-2015 11:58 PM
Last Post: Bigtony

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)