which digger to get??

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Find all posts by this user
04-13-2015, 09:06 AM
which digger to get??
Quote this message in a reply
Ok friends. I'm not one to waste money if I can help...just like most of us. I'm looking into buying a digger. I'm kinda stuck between what to get. I've been looking at a Sampson T-handle or Predator Piranha. Then serrated or not? I don't really dig in 'root-sy' areas. Any help would appreciated!!

hosedragger996, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Dec 2014.
Garrett Ace 350, Minelab E-Trac
04-13-2015, 09:42 AM
RE: which digger to get??
I would go with the Piranha. In fact that will most likely be my next significant purchase. Even if you don't do rootsy areas regularly you might get invited to do a woods hunt and it will be handy.

I have 3 best friends. Their names are Ace 350 , AT Pro ,  and a Fisher F 75 but I like people too.
04-13-2015, 12:57 PM
that's exactly what I've been leaning towards getting. Seems like everyone talks pretty of that shovel

hosedragger996, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Dec 2014.
Garrett Ace 350, Minelab E-Trac
04-13-2015, 07:25 PM
I have a Sampson. Get the Predator.

MineLab SE Pro w/11" Pro, 12x10 SEF, 8x6 SEF, Explorer 1000
Garrett AT PRO, w/8.5x11, 5x8, Deteknix Wireless, RnB Recharge (2).
Delta 4000, w/8" concentric, 13" Ultimate, 5x10 DD.
Garrett PP, & Pro Pointer AT.
Leusch, Hori Digger (2), Sampson Ball Handle Shovel.
04-13-2015, 08:15 PM
Hello Hosedraggar996, I like the Mini Samson that I bought this past fall/winter. It was around 65 bucks and it works great. I usually get down on my knees due to back problems and try not to aggravate it. So I have the short handle type with a T at the top. Some folks get the longer one and use their foot to push down on
Either way you can't go wrong with it
Just my two cents......

Bigtony, member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Jan 2015. Took some time off
but back now in 2018.
04-14-2015, 07:52 AM
Interesting Tony. I have a 40" ground shark that I love. I love being able to push with my foot then pop open the hole without much bending. This summer though I am going to do a little more woodsy areas and that is why I am looking at the Predator line of shovels.

I have 3 best friends. Their names are Ace 350 , AT Pro ,  and a Fisher F 75 but I like people too.
04-14-2015, 08:22 AM
I have a Sampson with the edges works good for me course i won it. Their both Great like the T handle it will cut them roots.

Good Luck Happy Hunting

Bill

goldman55, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Jun 2014.
04-14-2015, 10:37 AM
LOL any detecting utensil you win is great. Nothing beats the price.

04-22-2015, 05:45 PM
(04-13-2015 09:06 AM)hosedragger996 Wrote:  Ok friends.  I'm not one to waste money if I can help...just like most of us.  I'm looking into buying a digger.  I'm kinda stuck between what to get.  I've been looking at a Sampson T-handle or Predator Piranha.  Then serrated or not?  I don't really dig in 'root-sy' areas.  Any help would appreciated!!

What do you mean when you say digger? Long handled shovel or trowel type?  Where will you be digging?  Parks, private yards, fields or woods?

khouse, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Feb 2014.
How to set up your detectors!
    Hear it - dig it - see it!
        100% live digs!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFYDdhr...j33uT4bHLA
04-22-2015, 11:38 PM
I have the Samson with serrated edge. I changed to this digger after using a lesch digger for 25 years and wonder how I ever did without it. If you dig in hard ground there is nothing better. Your digging time will be cut in half.

Gerry F, proud to be a member of Treasure Classifieds Forum since Feb 2014.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)