Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: last spring heart stopper.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Went detecting out in the desert with my friend brad and his brother steve, we started detecting the old wagon trail out of Ludlow,Ca. Heading east, I found 2 indian cents, 1904 and 1906 then dug up a 1917-s merc, then down the trail a little ways I dig up a 1908 barber dime,then a few teens wheats,then where the trail crosses route 66 I found a 42-s merc,then a 54-d rosie and a 51-s quarter for my 4th trifecta ever,just then steve comes up and shows me a. 1921 morgan dollar, I ask him where did you get that? He says across 66, so I go over to the area and start digging up morgan after morgan,all 1921s, after 15 mins. I had 11 of them. As I sat there looking at them,something was different about them from other morgans I had dug, as it turns out,thay were all fake, old fakes. Just thought I. Would share that with you guys. Thanks for lookin.
That would be a heart stopper for sure. I've heard of those fakes. What tipped you off that they were? But that trifecta was sweet. So far here all I got is a unifecta. Hoping for the day to come!!

And I find soooo.. many pennies, memorials mostly and lately a pile of wheats, but not one IH yet. Are the signals a touch different? I do notice that copper Canadian pennies have a slightly different sound, as do some wheats.
Nice, I think it would be cool to have some really old fake coins.  Although silver would be nice.  Back when fakes would have been harder to make and to have a good one would make for nice conversation and questions.
Wow Boots, that is just what I thought. Thanks!
Fake Morgans would be just as fine for me, heck, they're probably rarer! There must be a VERY interesting story behind those Wink

Joe
Reference URL's