Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Voodoo offerings?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone know the name of Voodoo offering(it might not even be Voodoo but some other religious cult)? They are usually buried in a park under a tree. I ask because I may have found one and I want to post it. Thanks, Gerry
No, not Voodoo. I know of people burying the catholic statue of Joseph upside down in front of there house to aid in it's sale. What do you have that makes you think it's Voodoo? Because from what I know of that cult, which is tied closely to Catholicism, they sacrifice chickens and conger up revenge spells with likeness dolls and such. I think it's more of a Haitian belief than a real cult.
Are you talking about Santa Ria?? All I know about that is a Sublime song,lol.
(04-18-2014 10:44 PM)deathray Wrote: [ -> ]Are you talking about Santa Ria?? All I know about that is a Sublime song,lol.

Yes Deathray, that's the name I was trying to think of. If you read my post under "show and tell" you'll see the items I found. Some pins and 2 religious medals. These were deliberately tied in a plastic bag and buried. I remember years ago reading about a religion that practiced burying offerings and thought this may be what I found. Thanks for the reply. Gerry

(04-18-2014 06:21 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]No, not Voodoo. I know of people burying the catholic statue of Joseph upside down in front of there house to aid in it's sale. What do you have that makes you think it's Voodoo? Because from what I know of that cult, which is tied closely to Catholicism, they sacrifice chickens and conger up revenge spells with likeness dolls and such. I think it's more of a Haitian belief than a real cult.

The name I was trying to think of was "Santa Ria". Thanks to Deathray for telling me.I seem to remember reading years ago that some religions bury offerings in parks, etc and thought this is what I found. Whatever it is, it's a strange find. Gerry
Reference URL's