Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Motor Vehicle SUCKS!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just got a new (used) ride, and had to take it to motor vehicle today to get it registered. What a bunch of F@CKUPS the employees are!!! 3 hours & 40 minutes of hell on earth. They move slower than molasses & are rude! I was BS'ing with the gal from the insurance company yesterday, and she said where she lives (I forget where), people actually call the motor vehicle to make an appointment. Wow! Now THAT'S a good system. Here in NJ, it's like a freakin zoo Sad

It was so surreal, sitting there while they were S-L-O-W-L-Y calling numbers. It was like that teacher in Ferris Beuhler's Day Off...

Beuuuuuuuuuuuuhler. Beuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhler.

Joe
Wow... It must be like that all over. If it makes you feel any better Joe, that's how my experiences are at the DMV's here in PA also. I dread going to the DMV when I need to get something done. To top it off, the ones around me are only open like three days a week... Two weekdays and Saturday. If you go on Saturday it's a mad house. I usually take a day off during the week and try to get there pretty much right when they open.
(04-24-2014 06:28 PM)PAunderground Wrote: [ -> ]Wow... It must be like that all over. If it makes you feel any better Joe, that's how my experiences are at the DMV's here in PA also. I dread going to the DMV when I need to get something done. To top it off, the ones around me are only open like three days a week... Two weekdays and Saturday. If you go on Saturday it's a mad house. I usually take a day off during the week and try to get there pretty much right when they open.

That's normally what I do...be one of the first on line when the doors open, but, I tried a new branch today that I was told was never crowded. Get there about an hour after they open and BAM, about 150 people there! And most were the lowest common denominator if you catch my drift. People cursing out loud into their cell phones, rent-a-guards that thought they were secret service agents working the presidential detail, a stoned guy behind me who kept asking everyone if they wanted an icebreaker mint because "they're good for bad breath and give you that tingle in your throat", etc., etc., etc. Best part of the day was seeing this Spanish chick that worked behind the counter...WOW!!!!!!!!!! This girl looked like she could've been a pin-up model. And she was putting on a show with her sashaying around in stiletto heels and a super tight skirt Drunk

Joe
The universal language of the DMV.  My favorite is how f@cking rude the people behind the counter are.  Like you are impeding on their time.  No respect.  Me, "Hi! How are you today?"  them, "what do you need?".  I feel you Joe.  The DMV sucks.
No different in Ohio. But for registration we have mail in which is kind of great as you mail in a check and they mail you back your stickers in about 2 weeks. Buying a new (used) car is on my mind as the truck has seen it's days in spades (192,500 miles), but I'm going to go through a dealer and let them handle all that. Now a private, one on one purchase of a vehicle for title transfer and what not is a pure nightmare as I said. The few times I've done it I've found there are no good times or areas to do it. Here they privatized the whole ensemble to eliminate government costs and since the grandfathered people have moved on or retired they've been replaced with minimum wage "tellers" and skunky corporations trying to make a buck with the "lowest" bid to the state. So it's been pretty much a "Cluster F" here too. So many people trying to get transportation with no knowledge of the laws and the regulations related to their new found "horse" are befuddled, angry and deceived by knuckleheads out for the same buck looking for suckers to buy their junk cars. I fear the transition to a new vehicle myself. The system scares me to the point of waiting for 20 year tags and the claim of "vintage" vehicle. But I have to get on the green thing and get a more fuel efficient machine. Fuel costs are killing me.
To top all of this off... In PA the price of tax, title, and tag of vehicles just ( or is just about to) pretty much double... I don't remember exact numbers but it was something like 45-55% the price of all that s$&@t went up. Seems like we can't ever win. But oh well, nothing we can do about it.. Have to renew the registration every year. We can't not pay it and go without. But our renewals are done via mail every year at least so we don't need to go to dmv every time.
Reference URL's