Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: 1st try with the TDI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I got my Whites TDI on Monday.  I was off work yesterday(Tuesday) .  There was a little problem though.  The weather.  Forecast said rain all day.  I didn't let that stop me.  I took the control box off the rod and clipped it on my belt.  I found it much easier to swing around this way anyway, so I will keep it that way.  I wore my jacket to cover the box and grabbed a cheap poncho to wear over that.  I was diggin in the rain.  I set the detector to hunt high conductors and ignore iron.  This actually worked quite well except that with the box being under my coat the knobs kept getting bumped and messing up my settings.  I was thinking this sounds like a great target and digging iron.  Happened a couple times before I realized that my knobs were all off my settings.  Aluminum screw caps hit real nice and deep.  Anything within about 3 inches of the surface will give an overload.  You have to lift the coil to see what it sounds like.  I dug 6 copper pennies all memorials.  Deepest was around 8 inches.  Some hits I gave up on.  I need a bigger shovel.  That's for sure.  I also got a brand new G2 yesterday.  It's an LG cell phone, not the detector.  It's pretty sweet though.  I'm using it right now to post this.
Wow, great pics on the new phone, Will!!! Hope the forum works good on mobile, as we specifically optimized it for that option.

Dude, an overload on anything up to 3"??? That's sweet...as those are pretty much the targets I DON'T want to dig!!! There are knob guards you can buy for detectors, but, might be hard to find for some models. Check eBay & Amazon.

Once you get a feel for that TDI, yes, you're going to need a damn good shovel. That's what PI's are known for...depth. And the TDI is one of the best Yes

Congrats, buddy Beer I got the next 4 days off, and am going to be having a little fun myself Happy

P.S. - Hope there's no flooding by you. We're gonna wind up with about 4" here in NJ!!!!!!!!!

Joe
Yeah this site works great on the phone.  I used to post on my old phone all the time too.  
Not worried about flooding here.  I live high on a hill. 
This TDI will definitely go DEEP.  I didn't even have it set for great depth and a penny at five inches sounded like it was laying on the surface.  Even at 8 inches it was loud and clear.  This is bad dirt I'm diggin in too.  I don't think I have dug any 8 inch coins with the T2 in this ground.  Also everything I've read said the ground almost always balances around 9 on the TDI.  I ground balanced at 6 1/2.  That's a big difference.
Congrats on the new detector and phone Will! Looks like you've got your work cut out for you. But you sound happy as hell about it and that's a good thing. Keep those pics a coming. And from my experience, if it's hilly, you must be in Pittsburgh!Chuckle
(05-01-2014 04:58 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Congrats on the new detector and phone Will! Looks like you've got your work cut out for you. But you sound happy as hell about it and that's a good thing. Keep those pics a coming. And from my experience, if it's hilly, you must be in Pittsburgh!Chuckle

Yeah I like this new detector.  It's a lot different.  They should have called this place Hillsburgh huh?
With a start like this I can see you're gonna' be dangerous with that machine! Yes
Reference URL's