Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Short Hunt on Ancient Site w/CTX & 6" Coil
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey all 

got out for a few hrs a couple days ago but been too busy to post til now! 

Found a site in use from 1830s thru 1860s or so but it's been dug by others in the past. 

I did manage a few goodies with the CTX & 6" coil though :-) 

The iron was pretty bad (machine gun type)! 

The 1837 Canada 1/2 penny read like iron as it was on edge and approx. 7" deep but the Target Trace and sound was "telling" in the case of "to dig or not to dig" ;-) 

Found a couple mini lead pistol balls - a Quality button, some sort of triangle thing??, flat button, lead weight, flat thimble, etc. 

All in all it was a fun hunt --- thanks for looking/reading and 

HH all 

[Image: shnt1_zps56655095.jpg] 

[Image: shnt4_zps9d1a73c0.jpg] 

[Image: shnt6_zpsba4eb066.jpg] 

[Image: shnt3_zps393eb2a7.jpg] 

[Image: shnt2_zps911993e1.jpg] 

[Image: shnt5_zpsf4b65ce8.jpg]
Nice digs Wayne. You liking that Ctx?Im real close to pulling the trigger on one.
(05-02-2014 01:03 AM)deathray Wrote: [ -> ]Nice digs Wayne. You liking that Ctx?Im real close to pulling the trigger on one.

Thanks Ray

and yes - the more I use the machine - the more I like it.

I really like the Target ID and Target Trace features -- they convey a lot of info to you as to having a single target or multiple at the same time under the coil and if the target/s are junk or not.

Being able to use combined co/fe AND set your tone breaks with the audio while running wide open/no disc is also a great feature (really nice).

It takes a good while to get used to the unit, all the functions, the menu, and all but once you start - it only gets better :-)

I loved my E-Trac but I can tell already - I wouldn't want to go back to one after having used this machine even with only 40 or 50 hrs on it currently.

With an XP machine (or similar) and a CTX - you really have all the bases covered and 2 machines that compliment each other very well - allowing you to really put a hurting on any site you hunt!
Cool finds.  Sounds like you got a nice machine there.
Nice dude!
Conrats...
Really like that half penny!

Ray, pull the trigger!
Its so worth it especially in iron.
(and kellyco is giving away a free 17 inch coil with it if you buy this month!!!!
(like 400 bucks free! )

-M
Nice hunt Michigan! That half penny is the prize for sure. And in pretty good shape as well. Still getting used to my SE Pro but very jealous of that machine you got there. I can see where your coming from with the tandem use of the XP and the CTX. That would be dreamland down here and for anyone! LOL.
Gonna get it from Bart Micah..will get same 17 inch,then instead of bundle,will get the 6 inch. Gotta sell my FJ 40 first.
Nice penny.
I am interested in your XP / CTX thoughts. I do not have a CTX but am considering buying the XP.  
What does one machine do that the other one does not?
Which one would bring hunting for Relics?
Nice dude!
Literally just got my 6 inch coil in the mail today Wink
(05-02-2014 11:48 PM)Aluminummagnet Wrote: [ -> ]Nice penny.
I am interested in your XP / CTX thoughts. I do not have a CTX but am considering buying the XP.  
What does one machine do that the other one does not?
Which one would bring hunting for Relics?

The 2 machines are almost like polar opposites -- that's what makes them a good compliment to one another.

They both do good in iron as both have very good recovery speed and separation (when using the 6" coil on the CTX)

but

at the same time - the CTX is water proof so you can use it in the rain or hunt in water, etc. 

and

it's also like an E-Trac in many ways -- an excellent deep silver & coin hunter and modern trash sifter with excellent ID conveyance to max depth on top of being a good iron sifting machine but is a good step above an etrac with the ability to set tone breaks with the audio/BIN's and with the target trace feature, etc.

the Deus on the other hand is a fun lightweight unit (very portable/grab & go) and can be swung all day - it's very fast in iron/trash, can be setup to run on 4 different frequencies (it's like 4 machines in one basically) and with the higher 18kH is an excellent button & low conductor machine (gold, buttons, brass, Indians, etc.).

If you hunt an iron infested site with 1 of the machines and then go back over it with the other --- you'll find certain targets that one machine wasn't as good at picking up on VS the other and vise/versa -- that's what makes them a great combo
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's