Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Big Ass Button
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hit the dirt again today for about 5 hours. I went back to the place I've been hitting with Gerry F., but, it's starting to die out. There are basically no high conductor signals left, so, I've been digging a lot of the low numbers too. My best find of the day was the HUGE button. Never dug one this big. You'll see I put a half dollar on top of it for reference, and it's bigger than the half! I should get an award for digging it, as it was down about 14", and I had to go through rocks galore to get to it, lol. Took about 7 or 8 minutes to retrieve it. Rounded out the hunt with...

9 wheats
3 Indians (1880, and two toasted no dates)
1 Buffalo
Another little button
Suspender buckle
Skate key

Joe
That is a huge button.  I wonder if it is from a saddle or something.  Digging 14" in 7 or 8 minutes is pretty good.  I like the low tone targets.
Man Joe, you're really lucky with those IH's! If I found one you guys would hear about it. That is a big ass button. I know how you feel with those 14" holes. Crap, I'm going to have to get a T handle and hope the Rangers had a good day. This hand trowel stuff is killing me. Great for 6 inches, but holy cow, when your in a 4" diameter hole 14 inches down with a hand trowel, man, it's a bitch!!!!! One of the reasons I also carry a good LED flashlight. It's dark down there!!!!
Great button.  In addition to being really BIG, it's probably very OLD too--I've seen alot of these on some European sites that are 200-300 yrs. or so!!!
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!
Nice saves--That Big A$$ Button is very old.  Nice score!
oh.....I thought you found a button with a" big ass" on it.
(05-04-2014 09:02 PM)deathray Wrote: [ -> ]oh.....I thought you found a button with a" big ass" on it.

Oh Deathray,,,,do you mean like this:
haha,yep exactly Doc!
Reference URL's