Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Would you rather...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I love these kinds of questions, and the answers reveal a lot about our hunting styles. So, on that note..

Would you rather get out MORE often, to average hunting spots, or, would you prefer to get our LESS frequently (say once every week or two) to a really great hunting spot? Me?...

I like the idea of a fantastic spot, but, as with any other junkie, I need that constant hit, that regularly scheduled high. Therefore, I'd MUCH rather get out more often to average spots and work harder to ferret out the finds Wink

Reason for the question is, I know some guys who are research fanatics. While research is key, I think too much of it, with little hunting time would be hard for me. Yes, the finds from a thoroughly researched spot would be of a greater quality, but, we come right back to that hit I need. I do a fair amount of research, but, there's some that take it way overboard.

What say you guys???

Joe
I've been expanding my hunting of the same general areas for the last 4 years. I only open my horizons to other places one at a time. There's so much area to search. And now with my SE, I'm not swinging like I'm in a sand trap, so the searching takes time.

But on one of the new spots I started, I discovered that at one time there was a shallow wading pool about 200' in diameter that was turned into an ice skating rink in the winter. Now, mind you, all the research I did on that spot never revealed that fact. I discovered it by finding the curved concrete barrier for the wading pool just under the turf and some still exposed at the surface. I asked some of the neighbors from that area who use the park and no one knew of it except for one real old timer walking his dog who had been in the area for decades. He told me the whole history of the place, even to back when he was just a kid, wading in that pool in the 1940's, and today still living in the same house. Other guys I see there probably know more than I do, but discovery is an adventure to me, so I don't really mind.

Since then I have begun a respect for some of the older parks and what history they hold that was relevant to their time. It's a whole city block. And used today for our contemporary sports, such as basketball, tennis and a small baseball field. What remains beneath is long gone, but still peeks at us for what it was. For it's era of time.

I plan to go back. Found a lot of wheats there. Somebody missed them. What else did they miss?

So in answer to your question Joe, this new found park is an "All Dayer, Slow and Low", preferably on the weekdays, when it's not used so much, whereas the outskirts of my older hunting areas are hit and run 1 to 2 hour hunts of the "fringe" areas I've never concentrated on. Hope you enjoy!
That is a tough question, but since I'm a true md'g junkie, I'll have to say get out more often. I love the great find as much as the next guy, but I can't seem to get out as much as I'd like.
(05-19-2014 12:59 PM)SavageHunter Wrote: [ -> ]That is a tough question, but since I'm a true md'g junkie, I'll have to say get out more often. I love the great find as much as the next guy, but I can't seem to get out as much as I'd like.

Me too!!!! Lol.

Joe
The way my schedule is it seems like I only get to the average spot once in a while.  So I would take either option.  I really wish I had more time.
me three.
I agree with more often! I am not particular on any specific find but just like the thrill of hearing and curious to see exactly what it is. Every dig is like opening a wrapped present when I was a kid..
(05-21-2014 12:18 AM)unclebuk Wrote: [ -> ]I agree with more often! I am not particular on any specific find but just like the thrill of hearing and curious to see exactly what it is. Every dig is like opening a wrapped present when I was a kid..

That's a good point unclebuk! They are very much like gifts.

And I'd be out every day if I could.
Reference URL's