Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: New Old Spot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Got out today with fellow member Gerry F again, and it was a good hunt.

We hit an old spot that we've both hunted before over the years, before we knew one another, however, we both tried a new section of this place today. I noticed a tree line that looked quite enticing, and had a good feeling about. Within 30 minutes of turning on my detector, I already had a few wheats & a barber dime, so, we knew we were in a good spot.

I think I set some kind of personal record today, as about 80% of what I dug were wheats. A LOT! Either this place hasn't been hunted before, or, they didn't do a good job of it Happy

My haul was...

27 wheats
1910 barber dime that looks like it went through a mower
1950 rosie
Sterling silver baby spoon
2 eyeball jewelry finds - the big ghetto earring & the fish looking thing. Both appear gold, but, I don't think they are. I'll test them in the future though

Joe
Holy shnikys.  That's a lot of wheat.  I think you found a little virgin there.  Too bad the barber got a haircut.
Very nice Hunt Joe! Your killing me here. But the best of luck and HH. That stuff is still out there somewhere.
Nice hunt joe!!! I have only been out once for about an hour in the last two weeks almost, finding only two wheats. Been busy at work and step daughters ball season started so I haven't had much time. Maybe this weekend I can catch some silvers.
I kind of don't like you anymore Joe.  I think you're sucking all the good stuff out of the ground and not leaving any for others. 

Great job my friend.  Awesome finds.  Awesome.
(05-07-2014 08:51 PM)SLCdigger Wrote: [ -> ]I kind of don't like you anymore Joe.  I think you're sucking all the good stuff out of the ground and not leaving any for others. 

Great job my friend.  Awesome finds.  Awesome.

LoL

funny!

Good digs there Joe :-)

HH
doing good there Joe!
Reference URL's