Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: TDI and new coil finds more elusive coins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I got the new coil Friday and the weather was finally nice today.  I had a little time this afternoon.  Took it out to play in the yard again.  The more I use this machine the easier it is to tell if a target is a coin.  It's like it says" hey this is a coin".  I dug a 56 wheatie and the a 34 wheatie.  If you look at the pic you will see a piece of foil.  That was in the hole above the 56.  The TDI saw the coin right past the foil.  I thought the T2 was a great unmasker.  The 34 was right down by the walkway that goes by the porch.  I started to dig a plug and was just hitting rock all the way around.  I dug out a concrete pad about the size of a cinder block.  Then dug down a little more and there was the coin.  The one memorial was a recent drop overload about an inch deep.  Then there was the little tiny copper disc.  Don't know what it is but it sounded like a deep coin.
Geez, diggin out cinder blocks?! You win the award for toughest retrieval of the year, brother!!! Those pulse units are no joke...as you can already tell. Glad it's bringing you joy...and finds Yes

Joe
(05-11-2014 10:47 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Geez, diggin out cinder blocks?! You win the award for toughest retrieval of the year, brother!!! Those pulse units are no joke...as you can already tell. Glad it's bringing you joy...and finds Yes

Joe
No it wasn't a full cinder block.  Just a flat concrete paving block about the size of one side of a cinder block.  This concrete was only about four inches deep.  So it wasn't that hard to pull out.  I can't wait to get back out hunting with this machine.  Outside of the backyard that is.
Glad you are having fun with it I like the pulse when I go out in the woods digging everything. So are you using in the conductive mode? And are you able to ground balance over here it doent ground balance to good of ground but I can use ther minelab 5000 here and gets great depth get some good stuff at about 30 inches
Here is the concrete that I dug out.  I put my son's digger on it to show size.
Wow it says my picture is too large.  I thought it was unlimited.  Let me see what I can do.
Ok I cropped it.

(05-12-2014 07:47 PM)Steveo Wrote: [ -> ]Glad you are having fun with it I like the pulse when I go out in the woods digging everything. So are you using in the conductive mode? And are you able to ground balance over here it doent ground balance to good of ground but I can use ther minelab 5000 here and gets great depth get some good stuff at about 30 inches

Man I wish my ground was anywhere near too good. I wouldn't need a PI.  Where are you located?  I had it set in high conductors, pulse 10, gb 3, gain 6.
This eliminates almost all trash and finds the high conductive coins.  It will still find aluminum screw caps though.
I live in central Wisconsin sounds like your ground is not really hot but some which allows you to GB the TDI I couldn't do it at all and in Virginia they GB at like 8 but we run the gain-  Senetivity  at about 9 sometimes 6 but we want  more depth and it will get it with higher gain, but you are doing good at your settings.
Keep it up
(05-13-2014 10:09 PM)Steveo Wrote: [ -> ]I live in central Wisconsin sounds like your ground is not really hot but some which allows you to GB the TDI I couldn't do it at all and in Virginia they GB at like 8 but we run the gain-  Senetivity  at about 9 sometimes 6 but we want  more depth and it will get it with higher gain, but you are doing good at your settings.
Keep it up

The ground here is bad.  I have properly ground balanced anywhere from 6 1/2 to 9.  The ground changes a lot and it's loaded with hot rocks.  I have dug coins only 5" deep with vlf machines and they were iffy signals.  I only set the gb low to ignore nails.  I was just playing out in the yard again today and dug two bullets and a pulltab that the T2 and others missed.  Of course I was in low conductors when I dug these.  Even with the gb not set proper the TDI still sees through the ground better than my other detectors.
Reference URL's