Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: GHOST TOWN FINDS W/PICS ;-)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey all 

well - after 3 trips out to a ghost town per some serious research -- I finally have enough stuff to show and make a post with. 

To say it was not as I was anticipating is an understatement! I believe it's been hunted hard in the distant past by most likely the old timers back in the 80s/early 90s with the old Whites and CZ machines. Reason I think this is because the farmer said no one's ever hunted it that he knows of (<<key phrase) but also the biggest indicator that it's been hunted is the lack of finds in any area where the iron/trash is NOT thick. Wherever there was iron - I made finds - wherever there wasn't any iron - I didn't make any finds = hmmmm... 

I had to work hard to find what I did here over the course of the 3 trips at approx. 2.5 hrs on the 1st hunt and 4 to 5 hrs on each of the following 2 trips out. 

Every coin and button find was made in the thick of the iron (and it was bad!) where the old livery, general store and blacksmith shop were. The school yard and town hall were almost void of targets except for the occasional wheat cent or piece of junk/etc. and I think I found a junk ring, a marble, the 1942 silver war nickel and the wings thing over in those sites. The war nickel is the newest coin found. 

All of the old coins came from the General store/livery area but as you can see - they use heavy fertilizer and so most of the coins/etc. are toast. 

I did manage a good seated Quarter 1857 P - a 1863 shield nickel and a decent 1861 fatty as well as a fairly ledgeable 1874 Injun and a cool Chevrolet Token of some sort 

I also found an 1863 store card but it's pretty much toast as is the 2 cent piece and a few other Indians (18?? 1897 1899) ---- some older wheats (1911 1916 1921 1929 1937) 

a couple of flat buttons - a few 2 piece buttons, a flattened thimble, couple of spoons, pistol balls, some doodads, etc. etc. 

Not shown are 4 horse shoes, 2 axe heads and a bunch of iron junk/scrap... 

Used the CTX w/6" coil 2xs and the Deus w/9" coil once... 

On to bigger/better pastures from here! I have some other sites to get to before it gets too hot/dry so stay tuned and 

thanks for looking/reading, 

HH all 

[Image: genstore001_zps610ac27d.jpg] 

[Image: genstore003_zps9bda9dce.jpg] 

[Image: genstore006_zps2aa48ce4.jpg] 

[Image: genstore004_zps9bd60512.jpg] 

[Image: genstore005_zps285a20e7.jpg] 

[Image: genstore002_zps0b9c996c.jpg] 

[Image: genstore007_zpsede2f677.jpg] 

[Image: genstore008_zps87894700.jpg] 

[Image: genstore009_zps98118bae.jpg] 

[Image: genstore011_zps97c24517.jpg] 

[Image: genstore012_zpsa7614ce8.jpg] 

[Image: genstore014_zps82872f40.jpg] 

[Image: genstore010_zps7edbfd1f.jpg] 

[Image: genstore013_zps85ea573b.jpg]
It is great to be able to pick through the iron.  That fertilizer really does tear up the coins.  At least you got a couple shiny ones there.  Nice huntin.
Man, there is a ton of good finds there! I would love to find a seated quarter! I have never found one. Nice finds! Keep it up!
Very Cool  Congrats on a few nice hunts!!  Nice collection of goodies!!
Holy $hit, Wayne!!! I'd be happy with just the seated, or those buckles, lol, but you got everything but the kitchen sink!!! Absolutely killer hunt Yes

Joe
Killer stuff, love that!
Multiple shields!Damn, thats good! Too bad the fertilizer chewed them up.
Nice shields and seatedYes
Those are some great finds, I love old ghostowns to boot. Cool
Wow, so many awesome finds.  What a variety of things.  That was a great hunt.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's