Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Great Coin Article
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What a story! Elderly man started collecting coins as a young boy, and has a collection worth millions, and is one of the most prolific authors of coin books.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/05/19/us/...&referrer=

Joe
Incredible!  Plus the guy looks like he's 60!
(05-20-2014 08:54 PM)khouse Wrote: [ -> ]Incredible!  Plus the guy looks like he's 60!

Ha! I was thinking the SAME thing!!! I guess a few mil would make anyone look younger Tongue

Joe
His Wife of 70 plus years probably looks like Sofia Vergara?  Like you said - a few million dollars would sure ease the mind and body.
Thats a great story, looks like the old guy did well for himself
When I was young going to the coin store I was buying baseball cards (another part of the shop)...that didn't work out nearly as well.
(05-25-2014 05:46 PM)jkeefer Wrote: [ -> ]When I was young going to the coin store I was buying baseball cards (another part of the shop)...that didn't work out nearly as well.

That's pretty funny! Know how you feel. My brother had a box full of old baseball cards from the 40's and 50's stashed in the attic and when my mother passed he went searching to no avail. Mom probably tossed them years ago. Whenever we get together and talk about the old days, we always bring up that "frantic" search of the attic. He was grief stricken twice so to speak. So much so that I have boxes stashed with big markered labels on them, "DO NOT THROW AWAY!" Just in case I forget!

And Joe, That fella Newman had a target and kept on shooting at it. When you just never give up a hobby, you reap the rewards. Very good article about perseverance and what comes of it.
That was a good read!!  Thanks for sharing
Reference URL's