Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: some recent finds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well I haven't been posting much lately because I haven't really gone to any of my good sites but I have been out doing a little digging. These finds come from 3 separate sites none of which I have found anything too brag worthy.  I must say though im mighty happy with my cannon ball,  which came from a site I have never done too great at which surprises me.  The site has more foundations than any other site and dates back to 1849 but still remains a present site for hunting and target shooting and I am definitely not the only one digging here. The foundations around the land have been hit hard by some extremely disrespectful dectorists (they dug up tons of dirt and didn't bother taking out the trash or even covering their holes)  well I found a topo map from 1890 and noticed a structure I was unaware of and it gave up the canon ball and the more modern suspender clip, the cannon ball is cool because the area was known to have military units staged during the civil war,  the other site gave up probably the nicest garter piece I've ever got as well as the button which I researched and is a British Calvary button whom were in existence from 1880 to 1895 very cool find as well hopefully I can get back to some of my better sites that I have permission to hit here soon enough thanks for looking
You got some sweet relics.  The cannon ball is awesome.  Nice hunting.
Button and cannonball are siiick dude!
Congrats Happy
That's one of the nicest garter clips I've ever seen before Yes And the button rocks!!! Cover that spot well Wink

Joe
Good job!!! Your research paid off.
Hi son,long time no see!Tongue
Great finds!!  Love the old relics!

Are you sure that is a cannon ball and not a mill ball?

Not sure myself, just asking.

Congrats on some great finds!
Hi Ron, the goats out climbing mountains,probably wont see this,lol. We figured its one of those multi shot type rounds shot out a cannon? Cann you tell we dont know shit,lol. If you have some info or ideas,please let us know. Ive learned alot from ya man,and value your oponion. Ray
Right on Ron,Thanks!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's