Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: More Odds & Ends
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Mainly ends Tongue It's been very slow here on the last few hunts. I got out with Fluke for the first time in about 5 or 6 weeks today, as he's had some personal stuff to deal with. Was nice to get out with my hombre again! Anywho...

Nothing dramatic my last two outings. Aside from the requisite pouch full of junk, I got about 10 wheats, the 3 Indians in the pic, some little lapel pin that says; "Washington's Headquarters", and my coolest find, what appears to be the face plate off of an old padlock/lock.

If it ain't one thing, it's another. Mosquitos are out in droves here, we've had about 4" of rain in the past week which muddied/flooded some hunting spots, at others the grass is too high, and if we find the perfect spot with none of the above, well, damn, it's just TOO damn hot to hunt, hahaha. It was 'only' about 85 here today, however, the humidity was like being in a thick pea soup of air where you can't even breathe.

No hunting until Wednesday, fellas. Until then, HH...over & out!

Joe
Whitey is still at it.  Man I haven't seen anyone post as many Indians as you have been.  That lock piece is awesome.  I would put that on my list of favorites.
Agree with the lock piece and the IH's; (You've found so many!). Weather here has finally warmed and the fields and parks are draining from all our rain as well. No heat like you have. That Bermuda Flow really helps heat you guys up early from what I remember of working in Manhattan. Leo says working in dry ground is the best for the SE and I'm waiting to see. Same deal on the grass. Talked to the park maintenance guys yesterday and they are a week behind schedule in mowing and can't in some areas because they're afraid of rutting and getting stuck. When it gets really hot, I take a wet towel and hang it over the back of my neck. And carry water. I must really look like that old guy looking for beer and cigarette money some of the time.Chuckle
I always love the Indians! Any idea on how old the lock cover is? If I had to guess I would say WWI era, but I don't know a lot about locks. Nice finds!
NiceHappy
Reference URL's