Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Long hunt = 4 more silvers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I went back out today to the spot where I found that half dollar last week. I spent close to seven hours there today. I found 9 wheats, 2 Washington quarters, a 1924 merc, and a 1952 Rosie. The interesting thing is that one of the quarters had clearly been in a fire. I noticed the ash in the ground when I was digging the hole. It's a first for me, the quarter is toasted you can barely tell it's a quarter it's a 1956 though. It's a little warped fried to a crisp. The other quarter is a 1942, and man that thing was deep!! I'm surprised I found it. Thanks for looking!
[attachment=1981]
[attachment=1983]
[attachment=1984]
[attachment=1985]
[attachment=1986]
[attachment=1987]
[attachment=1988]
[attachment=1988]
Great finds!  With that deep quarter, did you get a solid signal or just a faint one?  I only ask because sometimes I get lazy and don't trust all the faint signals.
(05-26-2014 09:30 PM)SLCdigger Wrote: [ -> ]I only ask because sometimes I get lazy and don't trust all the faint signals.

Hahaha, I think we've all been guilty of that sometimes...myself included! Normally at the end of my hunts though, when I'm wiped, and not even sure if I'll make it back to my car. "Do I really want to spend 10 minutes digging down 13" to possibly pull out a nail?" Tongue It's those faint ones that get the blood boiling, the surface hit are more nuisances in my modern spots, since I know it's going to be junk 99% of the time.

Love the silver, PA! Been a few hunts without for me. Man, that quarter IS toasted! But, silver is silver. And you're going to have a nice collection whenever the silver market spikes Yes

BTW, do you have a lot of hot rocks up near you? I've been coming across many of them at some new spots I'm hitting. Geez, I'll take iron ANY day versus hot rocks! They sound EXACTLY like coins, and are a pain in the ass to dig through. I don't have a ferrous/conductivity screen on my Safari, so, no clues to help ferret them out, either.

Joe
That's more old coins than I can shake a stick at.  Great hunt.  That 56 gives new meaning to a coin being toasted.
Slc, it was by no means what I would call a solid target it. It would hit most times swinging over it very faintly and I really couldn't even pinpoint it. I used my best judgment on where it was and cut a BIG plug! 

Joe, as far as hot rocks go I do run across them here and there but it is pretty uncommon to find a spot where there are so many it's a problem.  As far as the silver collection.. That hunt put me at 16 so far... It's not bad by any means.. There are 4 quarters and a half in that 16 but I was hoping to have many more by now. The season is still early though!!! I'll keep busting my ass to find more every chance I get!!
Those are some nice coins.
That's quite a haul for a day PA! Went out to my spot today and it was a bust. That Eisenhauer pendant is great. That along with the silvers is a great day!
Nice haul. Congrats!
Congrats on a great day!!
Nice digs

gotta love silver however you can find it! lol

HH
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's