Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Garrett at pro international vs minelab safari
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
which metal detector is better?  i know they are both very good machines that there is no doubt but which is better?  I have never been one to follow higher $ = better machine

I am looking at a general md  for beach parks and possibly at some point in the future ocean beaches also

how are the learning curves on both? can anyone who has used them give me some good feed back on both machines ?
Both machines you ask about are two completely different animals from the detector standpoint. The Safari runs FBS and the Garrett runs one frequency. But, not to be a naysayer, both machines can do the requested. And both have a learning curve. The Safari being the tougher learning curve but IMHO probably better results. The AT Pro is a great machine. But you're not running an ATPro for relics at the beach. Just think about the use and the results of what machine is best for what world you detect in. That should answer the question. Technically, I would own both.
I just bought the at pro on Friday definitely a different machine from the gta 1000 the pin piont is not as "tight" as in the gta
(06-01-2014 07:21 AM)rockhunter005 Wrote: [ -> ]I just bought the at pro on Friday definitely a different machine from the gta 1000 the pin piont is not as "tight" as in the gta

I could see your point with that. In trashy areas my SE is not too tight either. I have to circle the target repeatedly and jiggle the coil to find just "it". I have little experience with the AT Pro as I sold mine to my son shortly after I bought a used one this past winter. In my case I had moved up from a Teknetics Delta 4000 thinking the AT Pro would be a tad better at discrimination. It had the depth for sure but turned out to be a higher powered unit comparatively with about the same discrimination capabilities. So I took the plunge and opted for the SE Pro.

Of course you've only had it for a day and in one circumstance of detecting. Maybe after several hunts you'll get to know it a bit better and enjoy it more.
I ended up letting a buddy use my at pro when his f2 died on him.  and pulled out my GTA 1000.  I fared substantially better with my old GTA 1000 even with all the falsing.

ended up selling the AT Pro.   Buying the other detector that i was considering (Minelab safari) on Thursday

I have to say in the AT pro's defense that I didn't really give it a fighting chance (~20hrs).  but I did like being able to go in the water with it.
Reference URL's