Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Today's "Junk"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I went back to the spot I've hit a couple times with the TDI.  This time I took the T2 with the 5" coil to work through the trash a little.  It's hard to move the coil without hitting iron or aluminum.  I got a couple more wheatie and added to my vintage pulltab collection.  The coolest find of the day is the chain.
Nice wheats! That chain is a nice piece, too. Curious...

About how deep are you wheats normally? I don't mean the odd one or two shallow ones, but, rather, most of the deeper ones.

No
As I was a better, gambler, huncher and hedger, I'd say that chain was for a pocket watch. The large round clasp for attaching to a button and the remainder for the watch into the pocket watch pocket (now commonly referred to as the condom keeper on the right side above the ordinary pocket of any decent pair of jeans) Any other guesses out there?

But what is the depth of those wheaties? I'm hitting wheats as low as 2 inches just on top of the clay and some really old ones in some bitchy roots and humus as deep as 8". Otherwise, you're learning the TDI and doing it by comparison. That's a very good way to hunt but very time consuming.
Most wheatie I dig aren't very deep.  I'd say they average about 5-6".  The ground at this site is hard and rocky.  The deepest targets usually have big rocks that have to be dug out.  I think next time I'm looking for a nice grassy field.  I need a break.
That machine is working well for you.
Reference URL's