Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: #49 and counting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Got out for a little while yesterday,hit a lot I had found silver at before. Only detected for an hour and a half. Found a 18 and 20 wheat and a 37-d merc. Thanks for lookin!
Congrats on the silver! Almost at the 50 mark eh. I've been detecting for three years now and have only found three silvers! I don't know how you do it lol.
Congrats on another silver
(05-28-2014 11:52 PM)Eric Foster Wrote: [ -> ]Congrats on the silver! Almost at the 50 mark eh. I've been detecting for three years now and have only found three silvers! I don't know how you do it lol.

Leo is one of the best! Here's how he, and all successful hunters, "do it"...

1. Finding good, productive sites
2. Experience
3. Equipment
4. Dedication

The creme de la creme of this hobby (just like any other), rises to the top via the steps above, however, dedication is one of the (if not THE) most important. Believe you me, every silver, relic or piece of gold you see posted here, or on any other forum, represents hours & hours of sweat & digging, time away from family & responsibilities, playing hooky from work, travel time, etc., etc., etc.

I know some guys (very few, lol), who can swing their detector for a fun day, and not go out digging for another month or two. The hard core guys, the addicts, we need our fixes. All of that digging time is experience. Couple that with the right equipment & good spots, and the finds will come Happy

Joe
That's a nice Merc leo. Real clean look to it. I think I found an 18 wheat as well this past week, but didn't want to tooth brush it any more out in the field. Your doing really well this year too. I'm only up to 4 this year but I'm still trying. Joes' right. Dedication and persistence along with some research and motivation can make things happen. I know how the equipment affects that as well. If you don't have it, you can't find it. That sounds like a motto.

HH leo, as you always do! Love seeing your finds!

Ed
I agree with joe,and thanks ohio.
Reference URL's