Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: More goodies from the half dollar spot!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Went out for a couple hours after work yesterday to my spot where I got the half dollar. The grass had just been mowed so I figured I better get it while the gettin' was good! Anyway, I pulled 7 more wheat pennies out, a 56' plain Rosie, and this years first war nickel, a 45' P. Thanks for looking!!!
[attachment=2007]
[attachment=2008]
[attachment=2009]
Dude, that's friggin awesome!!! That spot has been VERY good to you, so far Yes There may even be more halves there Wink

Joe
Nice coins.  I've never found a war nickel.  Do they ID like a nickel?  I think it would be more like a pulltab.  Speaking of old nickels.  I've only dug 2 real old nickels.  1 V and 1 buffalo.  Old nickels are hard to find.
WTG!!  Keep pounding on that spot!!
(05-30-2014 10:38 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]Nice coins.  I've never found a war nickel.  Do they ID like a nickel?  I think it would be more like a pulltab.  Speaking of old nickels.  I've only dug 2 real old nickels.  1 V and 1 buffalo.  Old nickels are hard to find.

This particular nickel I thought was going to be one of the old style pull tabs.. That's what it sounded like. Every once and awhile swinging over it, it hit a little bit of a high squeak that was unusual for a pull tab. This one was fairly deep. The last one I found was only at like 4" and it hit a perfect nickel signal on the ID.
Nice collection there PA!! Joe's right. Go back there.
Reference URL's