Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Last Couple of Hunts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I FINALLY cleared up all my $hit!!! Bags of coins, doo dads, junk, etc. laying all over the place. Aaaaahhhhhhh, feel like I can breathe now.

Did about 5.5 hours today. Got a 37 merc & 2 Indians (one is a 1884). Also got the ROSEBUD cover, probably for chewing tobacco or makeup back in the day, plus all of the other doo dads in the pics. The little pocketknife was down about 10", and appears gold, which makes sense since it rang up as 14 on the Safari, which is the foil/pull tab range. I'm going to test that sucker, and do a little electrolysis, too.

Did a tally on my coins, and for the year, I'm at 27 silvers, 29 Indians heads, and approximately 250 wheats (including today's finds). I'm very happy with the 250 wheat number, because that would mean the wheat to silver ratio is about 10 to 1, which is about right for our parts here in NJ, so, the law of averages is working good in the long haul.

P.S. - Will, you got more wheats coming if you want them Happy What did you do with the others?

Joe
Very nice joe,that's a lot of indians. Congrats!
You really are killing the Indians.   You must be hitting some good old ground.  That silver count is getting high fast too.  
Those wheaties are  currently soaking in a 20 oz bottle of dawn dish water that I give a good shake once in a while.  You know what they looked like.  Trying to get the dates readable.  I wanna get a book or folder to put together a collection of every year.  I would pay shipping if you will send more.
Arrrgghhh!

27, 29, 250. You definitely know what you're doing!!!!

Nice Merc btw. I always thought the Mercs were the best of the mintage. Really classic coin.

You are running a 10.8 Wheaties to 1.0 silver ratio. To be simply anal for sure!

I have to clean out my pouch!!!

I don't keep track of this stuff like you do!!!! Holy Jesus, yet another parameter!!!????

And the knife? Gentleman's Fingernail Knife? Good luck!

Ed
Dude, those are pretty good numbers this early in the season. Especially when you consider the rough winter we had giving us a late start. I will have to get around one of these days and tally my coins up. I think I'm at 19 silvers, sadly only 1 Indian, and I have no idea how many wheats.. A bunch!

Nice job on those numbers!!
I love those Indians, can't get enough of them. Great hunt! I know what you mean about cleaning up all the sh!t, I have tables covered with iron that need to be cleaned up and stored for a huge future electrolysis project.
Congrats on some nice keepers!!
Nice finds.  I remember Rosebud salve from back in the late 70's.  The tins they were in then was different from that.  That stuff was good for chapped skin.  Those Indians are always good to find.
Reference URL's