Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Park finds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Spent 4 hours yesterday and about 3 today just rummaging around the parks. Would have been out longer today but Dumb Ass here forgot to grab his spare rechargeable battery pack. Hey, when the girlfriend says, "GET OUT!", I don't waste any time. Ground in some areas is starting to get hard. Found those 4 wheaties in the same spot I found that 46 Rosie. Tried the "Go in the Woods" thing for an hour where I found that small engine filter and what I think is an electrical connector. That lipstick case rang up as a solid 5-24. Did a new pile of tree clumps I've never done where I found it as well as the piece of toy gun. Had a little toy dump truck box, but it's lost in the truck somewhere. The EPA would condemn the interior of my truck if they could.

Thanks for looking and HH out there!!!
[attachment=2020]
Those lipstick tubes are fairly old! Strange how those wheats were all in the same spot as the Rosie. Just goes to show you, there's always more hiding. Seems like the hunters before you were a bit too hasty...wonder what else they might've missed Wink

Cool 'chart' you did up! What program did you use? Photoshop? Paint?

I tried about 3 hours today myself, but, this humidity is a real killer. Ground is starting to dry up here, too.

More silver is just around the corner, Ed Yes

Joe
Here's the photo page where you can download it for free! It's called Photoscape. You can do just about ANYTHING with the software.

http://www.photoscape.org/ps/main/index.php

Not strange about those wheaties. I found them the same day as the Rosie, the Rosie was the first thing I found within 10 minutes of getting there. With work and all I just left the wheaties in the pouch. I had a crapload more of clad and pennies from the past two weeks but they're all in solution. This photo was just from the last few days. I keep the wheaties in a separate compartment. When I hit wheaties in the field I slow down like a turtle. Of course I fill up an empty 3 # coffee can in the truck with screwcaps, can slaw, ringed pull tabs and such about once a week. I am going back to that spot again this week but I did hit it pretty hard and with 3 coils. I'm turning up the sense to max and pushing the gain to 8 next go around. Maybe run Deep Recovery as well.

I'm also going to start digging real iffy signals.

Hot here too. That's why I'm going for the treed spots and the woods, stay in the shade. I get enough of that sun stuff at work. The Repel 100 skeeter repellant I use stops em dead in their tracks in the shade so that makes for an enjoyable hunt. If I remember extra batteries. (Duh.)
(06-01-2014 07:09 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Here's the photo page where you can download it for free! It's called Photoscape. You can do just about ANYTHING with the software.

http://www.photoscape.org/ps/main/index.php

Not strange about those wheaties. I found them the same day as the Rosie, the Rosie was the first thing I found within 10 minutes of getting there. With work and all I just left the wheaties in the pouch. I had a crapload more of clad and pennies from the past two weeks but they're all in solution. This photo was just from the last few days. I keep the wheaties in a separate compartment. When I hit wheaties in the field I slow down like a turtle. Of course I fill up an empty 3 # coffee can in the truck with screwcaps, can slaw, ringed pull tabs and such about once a week. I am going back to that spot again this week but I did hit it pretty hard and with 3 coils. I'm turning up the sense to max and pushing the gain to 8 next go around. Maybe run Deep Recovery as well.

I'm also going to start digging real iffy signals.

Hot here too. That's why I'm going for the treed spots and the woods, stay in the shade. I get enough of that sun stuff at work. The Repel 100 skeeter repellant I use stops em dead in their tracks in the shade so that makes for an enjoyable hunt. If I remember extra batteries. (Duh.)

Great resource! Thanks for the link, Ed Happy

Fella I hunt with regularly is a fellow forum member - Gerry F. Guy is 69 years old & strong as a bull. TERRIFIC hunter. He can swing 5, 6, 7 hours with no problem, but, heat is his krypnonite. You've been here before, Ed, so, you know that soupy, thick, humid air. I can't stand it as well, and it's been unusually bad here already for only the 1st of June. It's hit us both pretty hard, especially since we've been going out 2 to 3 times per week for marathon hunts. I told him today we're both taking a week off to recuperate! No hunting for me until next Sunday. Passing out from heat exhaustion isn't my cup of tea. Be careful out there Yes

Joe
Some cool finds.  Never know what you will find at the park.  I have only found one of those old lipsticks myself.  I thought it was a battery at first.
It is getting hot out  there.
(06-01-2014 09:28 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]Some cool finds.  Never know what you will find at the park.  I have only found one of those old lipsticks myself.  I thought it was a battery at first.

Funny you mention that about the battery. That's what I thought at first as well. But as soon as I had it in my hand knew it didn't weigh as much as a battery. Then, because I'm near a major trout river, I thought it might be a split shot tube. Lipstick tube never came to mind until I got home and cleaned it up. Duh!!!
(06-03-2014 10:31 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-01-2014 09:28 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]Some cool finds.  Never know what you will find at the park.  I have only found one of those old lipsticks myself.  I thought it was a battery at first.

Funny you mention that about the battery. That's what I thought at first as well. But as soon as I had it in my hand knew it didn't weigh as much as a battery. Then, because I'm near a major trout river, I thought it might be a split shot tube. Lipstick tube never came to mind until I got home and cleaned it up. Duh!!!

I brought it home and was about to throw it away when I noticed some fancy etching on it.  I think it was Coty brand.  Pretty sure I posted it on here.
(06-04-2014 10:06 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-03-2014 10:31 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]

I brought it home and was about to throw it away when I noticed some fancy etching on it.  I think it was Coty brand.  Pretty sure I posted it on here.

Yeah Will, I remember that post. It was a while back. I haven't done any research on mine. Strange was it was under a clump of pines about 4 inches down and when I got it home it was completely empty, not even dirt got inside and it had some sheen left to the metal.
Here is link to my lipstick post.  http://forum.treasureclassifieds.com/Thr...t=lipstick
(06-04-2014 10:13 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]Here is link to my lipstick post.  http://forum.treasureclassifieds.com/Thr...t=lipstick

Yep Will, that was it. I would call that engraving on yours "embossed" or "embossing". That was a cool find! Mine has no such embossed marks on the tube and I think it may only be from the late 60's or 70's. The "stamped" markings on the bottom of the tube read what I could see. I did little clean up with only a toothbrush. And I think what I thought was NY City, is actually LI City. NYNJ Joe probably knows about the distributors in LI City in Brooklyn, NY. It once was a hub of international market distribution. When we really exported all our stuff. I'll be on the lookout though!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's