Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Last 2 Weeks Of Diggin :-)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey all 

been diggin an old ghost town of sorts (not the same one as a few weeks back) but a new one (1850s/60s) founded but was active on thru the 1940s 

I've been hitting the general store site, a hotel/brothel site and a couple home sites that adjoin the 2 

as you can ascertain from the pictures - I've been diggin my a$$ off! 

Mostly using the Deus on these sites but had the CTX out a few times too. 

Got a little of everything - Large Cent - 2 two centers - shield nickel - 2 fatty's - a few other indians - 5 teens/20s wheats - barber 1/4 - merc, roosie, seated 1/2 dime (2nd one in a month!) tons of buttons including a WWI eagle coat and some nice flats - etc etc! 

Pictures tell the overall story ;-) 

Did I mention I love metal tectin!? 

HH all 

[Image: 5-31-digs001_zps7a692443.jpg] 

[Image: 5-31-digs002_zpsb5c263b7.jpg] 

[Image: 5-31-digs003_zps60ecf61f.jpg] 

[Image: 5-31-digs004_zpseaef0bf4.jpg] 

[Image: 5-31-digs005_zps4d61dfcc.jpg] 

[Image: 5-31-digs006_zps197118b6.jpg] 

[Image: 5-31-digs008_zps563c3691.jpg] 

[Image: 5-31-digs007_zps3787c665.jpg] 

[Image: 5-31-digs009_zpsfd7f5c90.jpg] 

[Image: 5-31-digs010_zps60de7a0d.jpg] 

[Image: 5-31-digs012_zps85548e93.jpg] 

[Image: 5-31-digs011_zpsc263f10f.jpg] 

[Image: 5-31-digs014_zps057cc218.jpg] 

[Image: 5-31-digs013_zps86b44911.jpg] 

[Image: 5-31-digs015_zps401a3dfa.jpg] 

[Image: 5-31-digs016_zps4a03e03b.jpg] 

[Image: 5-31-digs017_zpse623122d.jpg]
Awesome Wayne!! Those 2centers are in nice shape!Im jealous man,just been working!
Whoa dude - some incredible 
coins! Major congrats.

I love the boot-heel with the heart in it - so you leave heart prints wherever you go.

Badass.
(06-03-2014 01:09 AM)micahmoore Wrote: [ -> ]Whoa dude - some incredible 
coins! Major congrats.

I love the boot-heel with the heart in it - so you leave heart prints wherever you go.

Badass.

Thanks Micah

it's been a while since I've found one of the heart heels - I like them too - looking for one of the clovers to add to the collection!

(06-03-2014 12:46 AM)deathray Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome Wayne!! Those 2centers are in nice shape!Im jealous man,just been working!

Yeah - one of them is really nice Ray (the 1867)

you gotta let that crew of yours do a few jobs and get out man!

Would love to see some of those Cali gold nuggets you'all find out there!
Wow looks like a great site.  Such a wide spread of age indicators there.  A little from every era!!

Great stuff!

Thanks for sharing
I replied over on Tom's site, too, Wayne - TREMENDOUS finds!!! Talk about a honey hole!!!!!

Seated!!! My favorite coin Happy I found the exact same heel plate last year, the one with the heart. Supposedly, they were worn by ladies of the night, as a calling card to solicit business by stamping their feet in the dirt, but, a lot of relic guys disagree. Some think they were worn by troops to leave a mark for their fellow comrades that a source of water of close by. Yet, others believe it was just a 'fashion' thing. Either way, interesting history!

If a site has high levels of iron, do you find the Deus to work best, or, can the CTX get the job done? Reason I ask is, although I'm a Minelab guy, they aren't really the best suited for unmasking in heavy iron. What say you?

Joe
WOW... Love that seated dime, a lot of nice finds there. Congratulations!
(06-03-2014 07:12 AM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]I replied over on Tom's site, too, Wayne - TREMENDOUS finds!!! Talk about a honey hole!!!!!

If a site has high levels of iron, do you find the Deus to work best, or, can the CTX get the job done? Reason I ask is, although I'm a Minelab guy, they aren't really the best suited for unmasking in heavy iron. What say you?

Joe

Joe

the CTX with the 6" DD coil works as good for unmasking in iron as the Deus does IF you're using say like the GMP program on the Deus.

Personally I just like using the deus more so in iron because it's faster when you set it on the Deus Fast program and/or bump the recovery speed up on some of the others. It's also a fun little light-weight machine to use that you can swing all day --- the CTX is a bit awkward with the little coil on it and I get fatigued after a few hrs or so using it.

I use the GMP program once in a while but it's a slower pace (faster than 95% of all machines out there) but still slower than the Deus Fast Program which operates on recovery 3 speed -- GMP program operates on #2 speed and is a bit more bingy/bongy sounding if you know what I mean!? Deus fast is more precise or cut/dry more like a G2/Gold Bug DP in sound and cut-off.

Some guys like the fairly slower pace of the GMP machines or the CTX but they are excellent at unmasking no doubt about it.

I do like to take my CTX into a site after using the Dues though just for the simple fact that 1 machine VS the other always hits better on certain targets/conductors more so that the other so I always find stuff that 1 or the other has missed.

If you don't have a CTX but use an E-Trac ---- it is a killer machine in iron too BUT you have to get the Excelerator 4.5x7 EQ2 DD coil --- with that coil on an E-Trac you can unmask almost as good as a CTX or G2 or Deus/etc. --- it's the coil that makes the magic happen.

I believe they make them (the 4.5x7's) for other ML machines too.

This ghost town is full of iron --- most of the coin & button finds were made in the thick of the iron --- many of them were reading far lower in #/VDI readout and in tone/sound than normal due to being mixed in with such quantity of iron/trash.

The barber 1/4, the 1867 two cent and the seated 1/2 dime were the only coins found in more open/clean ground where iron wasn't interfering too much with the tones/vdi's
(06-03-2014 01:15 PM)MichiganRelicHunter Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-03-2014 07:12 AM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]I replied over on Tom's site, too, Wayne - TREMENDOUS finds!!! Talk about a honey hole!!!!!

Joe

Joe

the CTX with the 6" DD coil works as good for unmasking in iron as the Deus does IF you're using say like the GMP program on the Deus.

Personally I just like using the deus more so in iron because it's faster when you set it on the Deus Fast program and/or bump the recovery speed up on some of the others. It's also a fun little light-weight machine to use that you can swing all day --- the CTX is a bit awkward with the little coil on it and I get fatigued after a few hrs or so using it.

I use the GMP program once in a while but it's a slower pace (faster than 95% of all machines out there) but still slower than the Deus Fast Program which operates on recovery 3 speed -- GMP program operates on #2 speed and is a bit more bingy/bongy sounding if you know what I mean!? Deus fast is more precise or cut/dry more like a G2/Gold Bug DP in sound and cut-off.

Some guys like the fairly slower pace of the GMP machines or the CTX but they are excellent at unmasking no doubt about it.

I do like to take my CTX into a site after using the Dues though just for the simple fact that 1 machine VS the other always hits better on certain targets/conductors more so that the other so I always find stuff that 1 or the other has missed.

If you don't have a CTX but use an E-Trac ---- it is a killer machine in iron too BUT you have to get the Excelerator 4.5x7 EQ2 DD coil --- with that coil on an E-Trac you can unmask almost as good as a CTX or G2 or Deus/etc. --- it's the coil that makes the magic happen.

I believe they make them (the 4.5x7's) for other ML machines too.

This ghost town is full of iron --- most of the coin & button finds were made in the thick of the iron --- many of them were reading far lower in #/VDI readout and in tone/sound than normal due to being mixed in with such quantity of iron/trash.

The barber 1/4, the 1867 two cent and the seated 1/2 dime were the only coins found in more open/clean ground where iron wasn't interfering too much with the tones/vdi's

Very nice comparison.  Mark and I have been comparing signals with the Deus and the CTX and I feel that the CTX with the 6" is very capable in the iron as I have seen similar results you.  I have found that I enjoy having all the information (tones and VID) that the CTX gives especially when shooting a little video.  I find that with the Deus although has tones and VID is not as accurate as the CTX so I just run a 2 or 3 tone on the Deus and dig all repeatable targets.  

I am still pretty new to the Deus (only about 30 hours) but have experimented with settings and only used it in heavy iron( why i bought it) and find that I have dug a bit more iron but i guess that is to be expected when starting with a new machine.

Very light and quick which is nice but I am a bit undecided if I need both as the CTX with the 6" coil is a pretty good iron set up but takes longer to cover the area.

Just my quick 2 cents
Well CTX, DEUS, whatever. You done did find yourself a boatload of very interesting and historic stuff there Relic!!! And you sure must have done a great deal of digging. Old cut nails do me in every time after about a ten minute dance around a spot. But, sometimes you get lucky. Looks like luck and brains do go together. Great Hunt and interesting post and responses!!!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's