Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: COLONIAL SHOE BUCKLE.. SWEET!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Picture with chape drawn in place to show how it may have looked.
Sweet Shoe Buckle!!  Congrats!
Sweet very nice buckle.
dug up 3 in the past month out here
the UKDFD is an excellent source for IDing
colonial or pre colonial artefacts ...
here is the link to the buckles for evryone ...
http://www.ukdfd.co.uk/ceejays_site/page...page20.htm
[attachment=2210][attachment=2211][attachment=2212]
Now THAT is an incredible find, Dig History!!! To pull something from the ground that goes back to the early forming years of our country is just awesome. Man oh man, what a spot you have there, brother Yes

Bones, exceptional pieces you're pulling out down your way!!!

Joe
(06-24-2014 01:57 AM)IndianaBones Wrote: [ -> ]Sweet very nice buckle.
dug up 3 in the past month out here
in St Augustine Fl
the UKDFD is an excellent source for IDing
colonial or pre colonial artefacts ...
here is the link to the buckles for evryone ...
http://www.ukdfd.co.uk/ceejays_site/page...page20.htm

Beautiful buckles Bones, is that smaller one a knee buckle?

(06-24-2014 06:53 AM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Now THAT is an incredible find, Dig History!!! To pull something from the ground that goes back to the early forming years of our country is just awesome. Man oh man, what a spot you have there, brother Yes

Bones, exceptional pieces you're pulling out down your way!!!

Joe

I do realize I am spoiled to have all my digs in my own back yard, its so hard to stay focused on what needs to get done when its so easy to just go dig. I couldn't believe my eyes when I looked over and saw that buckle sitting there.  Thanks for watching!!!

Another good resource for identifying buckles is a 124 page book that you can download for free online called "BUCKLES 1250 - 1800" by Ross Whitehead. If you don't already have this one you should download it and add it to your library.
Thank you for the info on the downloadable book for buckles. that should come in very handy for me as well as every one else here.
and again awesome finds. looks like your digging in a similar area finding items from the same era as i am at this moment. very cool.

KNEE BUCKLE : not sure i have not gotten an id back from anyone on the small buckle. i will look up knee buckles and see where it leads me, thank you for the pointer and direction to look .
Reference URL's