Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Safety First
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,
A friend of mine was cleaning out an old mans house who had recently died and found a handful of coins and this in a drawer. It shows up as nickel on my AT Pro. Any ideas what it was? American nickel is in the picture for size reference.
Looks like a fob or key ring with someone's address on it. Cool piece Yes

Joe
Yeah, that much i can tell for myself. Do you have any idea of the vintage? Im thinking 20s maybe just cause its all fancy looking.
I think it might be Canadian.  Probably a key chain.  That's a good idea to put your address on your keys.  As long as you don't keep your house and car keys on it.

Tongue
Any idea on a value?
(06-03-2014 09:30 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]I think it might be Canadian.  Probably a key chain.  That's a good idea to put your address on your keys.  As long as you don't keep your house and car keys on it.

Tongue

Haha!  I hope you're just being funny, Will.  "I think it might be Canadian."
I could be wrong, but the LO 2337, could that be an old phone #? Or is it a postal zip code? If it is then you're in a period where there were only 6 digits to phone #'s. Got zilch up here where the lights are on for what you use as postal zips. I don't know the timescale of when the phone companies added more digits, but if that's a reference, it's probably pretty wide. Does your friend have any idea what the old fella did for a living? That might hold some value as well. Could be an award of some sort for being on the job without any mishaps. Where the heck is Toronto anyway? If this is related somehow to some industry in Toronto, automotive manufacture, perhaps, then there's another avenue to research. And what does the ring hole say. There is something stamped on it. Is it the manufacture of the piece? That's another clue.

Just IMHO! And good luck! Nice piece though. I find a lot of that old who knows what stuff at yard sales and flea markets. Bought a 50's era promotional Zippo 6 foot tape measure for .25 cents last year at a garage sale. Looks just like a Zippo lighter.

Ed
(06-03-2014 07:50 PM)Eric Foster Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys,
A friend of mine was cleaning out an old mans house who had recently died and found a handful of coins and this in a drawer. It shows up as nickel on my AT Pro. Any ideas what it was? American nickel is in the picture for size reference.

I just confirmed that 1050 Ossington avenue in Toronto is a house.it is a key fob with the owners' name on it along the address.  based on the lot address as well I would have to assume that it is at least 40++ years old.

if you google that address you will see that it is a house and currently it is a rooming house in '03 there was a 4 alarm fire there.
(06-05-2014 06:37 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]I could be wrong, but the LO 2337, could that be an old phone #? Or is it a postal zip code? If it is then you're in a period where there were only 6 digits to phone #'s. Got zilch up here where the lights are on for what you use as postal zips. I don't know the timescale of when the phone companies added more digits, but if that's a reference, it's probably pretty wide. Does your friend have any idea what the old fella did for a living? That might hold some value as well. Could be an award of some sort for being on the job without any mishaps. Where the heck is Toronto anyway? If this is related somehow to some industry in Toronto, automotive manufacture, perhaps, then there's another avenue to research. And what does the ring hole say. There is something stamped on it. Is it the manufacture of the piece? That's another clue.

Just IMHO!  And good luck! Nice piece though. I find a lot of that old who knows what stuff at yard sales and flea markets. Bought a 50's era promotional Zippo 6 foot tape measure for .25 cents last year at a garage sale. Looks just like a Zippo lighter.

Ed

Ohio dirt fisher,  Toronto, is the capital of Ontario Canada and actually I think you may be right on the phone number as I vaguely recall after you mentioned it that when I was a toddler my parents phone number was a "lenix" (le) and some numbers that was in Toronto.
Reference URL's