Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Shipped my Pro Pointer today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It was like saying goodbye to a good friend.  I may never see it again.  I heard that Garrett often sends new ones instead of repairing broken ones.  So in the meantime I got me a brand new Whites Bullseye TRX pinpointer.  I haven't got the chance to try the new one outdoors yet, but played with it air testing and stuff and it works great.  It does detect a little farther than the Garrett.   One thing I noticed that is interesting is that it detects the modern style pulltabs farther than a penny.  It gets about 3" on a penny and 4" on the pulltab.  It works a lot like the Garrett and has some more features.  If you have a good working Garrett it is kind of pointless to run out and get the TRX, but if you need a new one it is nice.
That's good to know. I haven't heard squat from Garrett about sending mine in except that the tracking # shows they received it. Maybe unexpectedly I'll find a new one in the mail this next week or so. I've read that they often replace as well and that the replacements are different sensing than the original sent in, as in better sensing and greater depth. We'll see. Keep us updated on that TRX, would you.
Reference URL's