Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Not detecting finds, but cool anyway.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
One of the reasons I love Utah so much is the diversity of the landscape.  Went to southeastern Utah for the weekend to hike some cool canyons.  I've attached some Native American petroglyphs for your viewing pleasure.  Hopefully the photos don't post sideways......thanks for looking!
That is very cool!
Awesome! Great photos too!
Killer pics!
Nice shots SLC. Would be wonderful to see that back here!! Thanks also for posting them.
Tank's for posting!!.
Wow, I could look at those for awhile.  Wished we had them here as well.
Never knew you guys had them in Utah, SLC!!! Just like the Nazca lines, of which I've forever been mystified over. Now...

They say that the Nazca lines were made by villagers that wanted to give thanks to certain gods (water, air, food, etc.), and they would then have processions on the lines of these figures depending upon the position of the moon. Certainly sounds more plausible than the UFO theory, but...

Still not sure I buy it 100%. The figures in your pics - as well as the Nazca lines - are all anatomically correct in terms of body proportions, dimensions, etc. How in the heck would anyone be able to create something that realistic without observing the progress of the work from above in a plane or similar vehicle?! On a mountain? Maybe. Hmmmm...

Fascinating, indeed! What's your opinion, SLC?

Joe
Lot of questions surround the Nazca Lines. One of which, and the most interesting, is why did they flatten mountain tops first to make pebble lines in the rubble? Religion of that time and that era for them may have part and parcel in the event of them doing it. The real mystery in my opinion is why do those lines correspond astronomically to the Hopi villages in South West North America? Maybe they used the stars for navigation just as the Medici's or Columbus on boats. But why on mountaintops in no where? Were those areas lush forest prior to being populated? Did they run out of wood? Did they run out of energy? Did that deplete the population? There are a lot of questions unanswered. To see that those petroglyphs still exist is a challenge to our thinking about them and why they do. My personal opinion is we need to go outside conventional thinking and start to connect the dots. But proof, it is the challenge.
Great question on Nazca lines 

First, these are petroglyphs.  The 'man' is only about 4 feet tall and the vase looking thing is about the same size.  Utah has many,many ancient Indian lines. Anasazi, Navajo, Fremont, Ute and others. I don't believe there are any Nazca lines here but I have wondered the same thing about them.  There are horses, spiders, people, etc.   how can someone make a spider a half mile long and have it appear proportioned?  Weird stuff.  

You should google Arches Nat'l park and Zion Nat'l park.  You'll love the photos.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's