Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Lots and Lots of Lead
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Today my buddy Chris and i hunted a corn field that was on the opposite side of the tracks of an old GTR RR station from the 1800s. Last time i went i found the GTR lock i posted earlier and some chunks of threadless insulators. Today i was there for 8 hours and this is everything i found. I don't know what the value of the bag tags but the are really cool to me and i have a small collection i am adding them to. The circular item with the green patina i think is a flattened penny probably old but i don't know.Not pictured here was Chris's 1910 Canadian silver half dime and my coupler pin circa 1860s. Thanks for looking HH!
Man Eric, that is a lot of lead. Does the GTR have a museum somewhere? Maybe they could give you a clue on value. Other than that they are historic for sure. Try Collectors Weekly.
Eric,

Grand Trunk Railway if you didn't know. Here is a link about the railroad http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Trunk_Railway .Great find ! I like finding Railroad items.
Nice finds, now that is a lot of lead.  I would have been happy.
Reference URL's