Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Hello from Huntsville, AL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone, my name is Allen or you can just call me Al, and I live in Huntsville, Alabama. I am extremely fascinated with this hobby. The only problem is I just don't have a metal detector yet. My financial situation just won't allow it right now. So in the meantime I watch a lot of videos on Youtube and I try to learn as much as I can for when I am able to get out there. I really love the history behind every object. I look at the items and just wonder what it was like before it was lost in the ground. I look forward to reading about what everyone finds and where. Happy hunting everyone.
Welcome to the forum.  Great group of people here.  You can live vicariously through us until you are able to get your detector.

I'm reminded of a Paul Simon song, " when you call me, you can call me Al....."

Enjoy and ask as many questions as you'd like!
Welcome, Al!!! Are you sure you really want a detector? Once you pick one up & swing it, you may NEVER want to put it down! Yes, this is an addicting hobby/sport/science, lol. Check the classifieds section on here, as you can find GREAT deals on used units that will be more friendly on your budget Yes An Ace 250, Fisher F2 or any Bounty Hunter will do you fine to get your feet wet. Call some pawn shops near you too, as you can sometimes finds terrific bargains...just make sure the units work properly if going that route.

Glad you made it here, and I'll keep an eye out for something that might be good for you Happy

Joe
Welcome to the forum from Pittsburgh PA.  Like Joe said, this doesn't have to be a real expensive hobby.
Welcome from NE Ohio Al!!!!! Joe's right! Once you're hooked, you're hooked. Good luck with your detector choice and remember, you gotta start somewhere.
Welcome from southern Ontario Canada.  welcome aboard it is a great group here.  and as was stated it doesn't have to be an expensive hobby/past time BUT. it can be a profitable one in many senses of the word.
Definitely check out the classifieds here, pawn shops as well as craigs list for your area you never know what you will find

One word of warning as was stted earlier.  becareful once you start swinging a coil you may not be able to put it down and you will be hooked and reeled in like a trophy fish!  Big Grin
Reference URL's